ValAstur

Airbus crashes in southern France

Sad news - looked at the flight history on flightradar24.

The thing hit the ground at 450 mph. From the footage there is nothing left. Those poor people. 

RIP

Just heard that the Co-Pilot, who was on the flight deck, is called Andreas Lupitz..which kinda puts the Muslim Fundamentalist theory to bed...although, it seems very odd, that the Captain was locked out of the flightdeck!..I suspect foul play

Two days ago peoples sent me like a piece of crap on another forum for lifting the theory of a suicide. Eventually for a continuous 3000ft/min descent around 400kt, without radio contact I don't see much alternatives, as with the Embraer 190 from LAM 470 there is a bit over a year now.

The co-pilot of the Germanwings flight that crashed in the French Alps, named as Andreas Lubitz, appeared to want to "destroy the plane", officials said.

Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin, citing information from the "black box" voice recorder, said the co-pilot was alone in the cockpit.

He intentionally started a descent while the pilot was locked out.

Mr Robin said there was "absolute silence in the cockpit" as the pilot fought to re-enter it.

He said air traffic controllers made repeated attempts to contact the aircraft, but to no avail. Passengers could be heard screaming just before the crash, he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32063587