Is that an F9F being targeted by the F-100?

There was quite a bit of SF series code and models reused to create the tablet game.

I would hope that the improvements in the tablet game could be leveraged back into the PC game.

not too many aircraft have that shape; could be a Panther or an Ouragon?

as to this stuff being ported to the PC games ... my breath is NOT being held.  IMO, never gonna happen. I doubt we'll be seeing anything new for PC series. Ever. I will be pleasantly surprised, however, if my assumptions (oh! that word!) turn out wrong.

BUT

it is nice to see something being done for portable devices. Maybe one day I'll have a tablet...

• Like 1

Ouragan makes sense, especially since it was already in SF2.

Wishful thinking that maybe TK has been slowly but surely working on SF2Korea with some of the 3d work bleeding over into SF tablet.

Wishful thinking that maybe TK has been slowly but surely working on SF2Korea with some of the 3d work bleeding over into SF tablet.

I hope! :hi:

I would bet on a Panther, the Ouragan wings were lower by the fuselage.

• Like 1

TK does sometimes work in mysterious ways.

He blindsided the community when WOV originally came out with no previews or announcements.

SF2 also popped up out of nowhere.

But, the loss of the forums on the website tell me that SF for the PC is dead.

I thought ThirdWires approach with SF2NA was well thought out with the new features that merge with the previous releases. I guess it didn't sell as well as they hoped. For multiplayer, I think a stand alone multiplayer game at a low price point might work. Maybe just include two well matched aircraft types for the player flyables and a few AI attack aircraft on a small terrain map. Lock the game down tight except for skins and maybe terrains but have lots of options for setting up controllers. Sell the games for 20 bucks a pop and make them mergeable as well. [ I wouldn't buy them but I think many would.]

In my mind, the future of SF2 is what we here on CA make of it.

• Like 9

Are you sure ?

Isn't it a C5 model ?

• Like 1

I was thinking the Ouragan was in SF2Israel/Expansion Pack 1... I guess not!

that, the Ouragon is Pasko's from like 2005...

Guys,

This is an Example of what I've found recently looking at some .dll's. It's serves as an example to Me that He'll return to the Desktop Community before long. As many of You all "Old Salts" Know that this has happened before over the last 12 Years only to have TK come back with a Patch or New Addition. Just look at the Dates on Patches from SFP1 thru SF2 Jul 2013.

Guy's You've got to remember, This Community is what got TK to the Position he is at. (Also free Advertisement.) I don't think He'll forget the Community that got Him there. You can't blame the Guy for branching out to other Platforms and Formats  to make More Money for his Company. That's just taking care of Your Company. Remember, This Engine is TK's Baby. He was using it for First FLight back in 1998-99 well before Strike Fighters Project 1.

Here's an Example of a Feature He's getting ready to turn on.......

[Pilot]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
SetCockpitPosition=TRUE
Position=0.0,3.08,0.69
PilotModelName=Pilot
PilotHeadNodeName=head                 <<<<<  For the AircraftObject.ini for Head Shake and for Possible Decal setup.
SeatModelName=A-4_Seat
SeatPosition=0.00,3.02,0.26
Mass=220                                           <<<<< Weight of Seat plus average Pilot                                                 
CanEject=TRUE                                 <<<<< It Can, or It Can't.
DeploymentMethod=MANUAL           <<<<< Manual or Automatic.
MinExtentPosition=-0.25, 4.19,-0.35
MaxExtentPosition= 0.25, 5.04, 0.91
CanopyNodeName=Canopy
CanopyAnimationID=5
HasArmor=TRUE
ArmorMaterial=STEEL
Armor[FRONT].Thickness=12
Armor

.Thickness=12

Armor
.Thickness=12

Armor[REAR].Thickness=12
Armor[bOTTOM].Thickness=12
SeatID=1

Stright out of the AircraftObject.dll   StrikeFighters2 Jul. 13

Something to Ponder..........

331KillerBee

• Like 1

I want it to be true. I want it to be true. I want it to be true. <g>

Let's not forget that Microsoft is getting its act together and building Windows into a single platform scalable from telephones to supercomputers.  Once they get their mojo working they will start dominating the tablet and phone spaces and there will be the money for app development... apps that will also run on PCs.

Killerbee you think that means we will be able to eject from the plane and see an actual animation for it? Man If he can add more avionics for post 1982 plane, ejection and MP... What a big seller will this one be!!

Got a Ejection Key in the Control.ini. It's tied to ESC for quit Game right now. But there's Your "MANUAL" method. I don't see why the Pilot couldn't have at least one Animation for it's .LOD like Weapons other than Head Shake. As far as seat separation, I'd think it would be like a SA-2 loosing it's Booster. As Far as Canopy goes, There's a Entry for Hit Boxes for the Interior. I would think it'd be tied to it.

In the Old Days in SFP1, We "Old Timers" were talking Carriers. It got to the Point that People started to think that it wasn't possible. Then BAM! WOV with working Carriers. Then People started talking about having Task Forces, Again, BAM! SF2North Atlantic.

As far a Multiplayer goes, When WOE came out, It was playable with a lot of limitations. I think that's why TK is investing his time in Portable Apps. I think what He learns there would apply in a Multiplayer Game in the Future. Multiplayer would be the Cherry on Top after He's got the Game where He wants it or a whole Title of it's own. Just My guess.

Like the Old Days, The Subjects I hear the Most is Ejections and IFR these Days. By reading this .DLL, Make Me think that He's listening at least. But I can tell You this, Like the other additions, It'll come in TK's Time, Not ours.

As a Suggestion. Instead of asking the "TK can We Have This" Question. Start Posting how You would implement the Mod or Addition if You were writing the Program. He reads these things, You know. Just a Suggestion........

331KillerBee

• Like 1

that, the Ouragon is Pasko's from like 2005...

Yes, my mistake

Tribute to him , I made great Suez Ground pounding in an ouragan

Got a Ejection Key in the Control.ini. It's tied to ESC for quit Game right now. But there's Your "MANUAL" method. I don't see why the Pilot couldn't have at least one Animation for it's .LOD like Weapons other than Head Shake. As far as seat separation, I'd think it would be like a SA-2 loosing it's Booster. As Far as Canopy goes, There's a Entry for Hit Boxes for the Interior. I would think it'd be tied to it.

In the Old Days in SFP1, We "Old Timers" were talking Carriers. It got to the Point that People started to think that it wasn't possible. Then BAM! WOV with working Carriers. Then People started talking about having Task Forces, Again, BAM! SF2North Atlantic.

As far a Multiplayer goes, When WOE came out, It was playable with a lot of limitations. I think that's why TK is investing his time in Portable Apps. I think what He learns there would apply in a Multiplayer Game in the Future. Multiplayer would be the Cherry on Top after He's got the Game where He wants it or a whole Title of it's own. Just My guess.

Like the Old Days, The Subjects I hear the Most is Ejections and IFR these Days. By reading this .DLL, Make Me think that He's listening at least. But I can tell You this, Like the other additions, It'll come in TK's Time, Not ours.

As a Suggestion. Instead of asking the "TK can We Have This" Question. Start Posting how You would implement the Mod or Addition if You were writing the Program. He reads these things, You know. Just a Suggestion........

331KillerBee

The canopy is already ejected when you use the current "eject" button.

How I will improve avionics? I will give ground radar the hability to lock the targets the same way the A-A radar works now, the same will go for the Electro Optical Systems, those with the hability to zoom in and out. (selectable ground targets will be enough, no need to do the same for the currently non selectable buildings) And with that the hability to use CCRP mode. The hability to use NVG adding a filter that let the player see better at night. With that I will be happy

Edited by Stratos

Someone's glass is 1/100th full!  Especially since anything new has to account for an OS shift (or two).

Engine has survived migration to 4 OS's so far.........

A bit of feedback from TK will be great, he's the game producer with the lowest hype in the entire industry.