Sign in to follow this  
dfang

Making Your Dumb Bombs Smart....er

I've been playing around with a crude bomb sight,,using it on the B-47E,B-52D,F-111D,& B-57B...it allows you to actually drop a load of eggs on or near target with a little practice..

Was making my runs at different altitudes,and speeds..i was shocked at how accurate the sight was at say 19 to 25 k.

Im sure someone has devised a level bombing method,,,but i just haven't seen it

The sight can be implemented on any aircraft fairly easy..Just edit the aircraft cockpit.ini,ViewList,add a new sight.tga,& map a joy stick hat switch or key...

Still experimenting with it..If anyone is interested in perfecting it ,let me know..cause im not sure how to put it together in a package for downloading..or if it's even worth messin with :biggrin:

post-666-1121719337_thumb.jpg

Edited by dfang

I'm calm...I'm calm...I'm....

NO I'M NOT!!!

PLEASE...PPPPLLEAAZZEEE!!!!!

sorry, kind of lost control there...

I think there is a whole load of people who would love to play with

thank.

Myself included.

:victory:

Level bombing is definitely something I've never had any luck with in SFP1/WoV!

Really nice!

I think we need this!

Please post how you did it! Also, where did you find the B-52 D in SEA camo for SFP1, or is this from WOV?

Mike D.

mppd@worldnet.att.net

I got a little more testing & it'l be ready for action...now bombing at around 30,000

ft...using B-29B.. :biggrin:

BOMBS AWAY!!!.. :grin:

Hope this works for you all,,,it's not perfect,,but just a simple solution for level bombing.

With a little trial & error,,one could get quite accurate with putting dumb bombs on target.. :biggrin:

Instructions in the Bomb _Sights.zip file...

Bomb_Sights.zip

TX! Can't wait to try this out without having to crash into the ground or eat flak to get a hit! :biggrin:

The Jedi Master

Man this mod looks real good but i have no knoledge on how to install it the readme has confused a bit lol

Talon,

What don't you understand??let me know,,and i'll try & help... :)

Well i want to usde it with the An12 i think it is but i dnt know how make it appear and how to set it up

Talon,

Sorry but the AN-12 is a cargo/transport aircraft and as such has no weapons capabilities modeled in WOV & SFP1 (as far as i know).. :dry:

The only two cargo aircraft that are modeled in WOV & SFP1 are,AC-130 & the C-130B_PAF...at this point..

I would like to see a C-130 with the capability of pushing a "Daisy Cutter" out the back.... :biggrin:

Started workin on gettin a BLU-82 out of the back of a Herk. :cool:

Started workin on gettin a BLU-82 out of the back of a Herk.  :cool:

DW,

Now we're cookin with gas....... :biggrin:

A instant LZ maker,..... it will break your dishes....:lol:

Better'n the method I've been using at high level, stopwatch and the chart that was released a while ago.

What kind of file is this. I don't have anything that will open it. It looks like a tag file. I didn't get a zip file when I downloaded it. All I got was what looks like a TAG file that is called 1264. Can you help Me.

thanks for your work. Mad Mike

Mad Mike,

You need the WINRAR archiver program,its a archiver program that processes RAR & ZIP files..most everyone involved with Strike Fighters uses it..

Here's the link,,it's free,,it will unzip the file you downloaded...

After it's installed:

If you want to change back to your current WINZIP or whatever you use to unzip compressed files,,,just go to ADD/REMOVE programs & remove WINRAR.. :)

WINRAR

Edited by dfang

tell me, guys...is there no hope for some modernization of the a/g mfd's, tv, flir, ccip, etc? i find this a serious limit in this game, especially because so many of the mods are updated (in every sense) models of planes that were original to the game. i am a hack computer user....is there someone out there who can program or invent this?

thanks

mdavis

I agree about the a/g mfd's with targeting capability,...but i think TK has stated before that it would take away from the games original design,,,,casual, light, fun sim... :)

For me,with all the different mods,,,there is more than enough to keep me interested... :grin:

ah...saw this over at the C5 site...nice graphic by the way

this is an awesome idea

cheers

Guest MGonzales

<I realize that this is an old thread but I wanted to comment on it.>

I agree about the a/g mfd's with targeting capability,...but i think TK has stated before that it would take away from the games original design,,,,casual, light, fun sim... :)

You can still have a casual light fun sim while supporting modern avionics. JetFighter and Novalogic "sims" come to mind. I take SF/WoV MUCH more seriously than these games. :)

IMO, SF doesn?t need to have the level of modern avionics as say...Jane's USAF. It would be nice though (and probably expected), if TW were to one day release a dedicated modern a/c sim. But it's not necessary as a '60s-era hack, IMO.

To improve support for SF, I think a patch of BASIC modern avionics features like a fully functional HUD, multiple MFD screens, CCIP (including auto mode), HARMs (if not already included), a couple of autopilot modes, and TV guidance/FLIR would be really nice.

Basically include the same features as in Novalogic's F-16 sim, which is about as casual as you can get. :)

--

Mark

Edited by MGonzales

IMO, SF doesn’t need to have the level of modern avionics as say...Jane's USAF. It would be nice though (and probably expected), if TW were to one day release a dedicated modern a/c sim. But it's not necessary as a '60s-era hack, IMO.

I agree & the thing is that in the timeframe that TK envisioned for this game very few aircraft had those features.

I'm sure that if TK decides to make a sim in a more modern timeframe that they will appear (indeed, I suspect that some of the work has already been done for the USAF's recruit team sim).

BTW, HARMS, STARMS, and Shrikes are supported. STARMS & Shrikes are in WoV.