Sign in to follow this  
Uhu

Problem with HUD sight alignment on modern planes in NF5

Hello!

After a long break in gaming, I rediscovered again my Thirdwire sims - and the mod that is a game all for itself, NF5.

But I found a little oddity. When I'm engaged in dogfighting using the internal gun(s) in a modern 3rd party plane (eg. CF-18, Mirage 2000C, F-15C), I found out that, when the wings are leveled out, I needed to aim with the 6-o'clock position of the reticle to actually get a hit on the enemy. That's quite easy when engaging the rear of an opponent that is seemingly out of fuel and flying steady at ~380 knots, but not at all in a turning fight. A similar misalignemnt occurs when targeting and shooting at surface targets.

On the opposite, the stock Hun allows me to aim with the center of its gunsight reticle for a hit on the flying opponent (I did not any more tests with other stock planes, the "Luftverteidigungsdiesel" or its family relatives are not really among my favourites...)

Any way to remedy to this problem?

I was used to edit the INIs of 1st gen stuff, but not yet for the 2nd gen. so, if somedy has a little hint for me, I'll really appreciate it.

Regards, Uhu

Edited by Uhu

Does really nobody have any clues? :-/

Regards, Uhu