Sign in to follow this  

what's the deal with these?? I've got new decals, used the lod viewer to plot the x/y and x/z position for a "what if" aircraft carrier, written (and rewritten!!) the decals ini several times, and they STILL don't show!

Any secrets you Naval Architects can share??

(btw, it's Hinch's Vindictive, repurposed as the abandoned WW2, MALTA class, but "revisited" and revamped for 1960s and later use)

TIA!!

x/y and x/z ?   hmmm for hull sides,points would be y and z     for deck would be x and y looking down  like a wing

Edited by russouk2004

exactly what I thought!!

I forgot to mention above, if anyone wants of fiddle with it, and get them working, shoot me a PM!!

if its just for the single carrier...just paint the decals?

send me decs kev m8

Can decals be applied to GroundObjects?

Can decals be applied to GroundObjects?

It was added for tanks in First Eagles, iirc

4 ships in the class

Malta

Gibralter

Africa

New Zealand

I "waged" the R** numbers, and letters for the right aft flight deck

NP Russ, I'll shoo them over after a bit! Thanks!

Wrench, when Stephen1918 and I were working on the V&W class destroyers we were having an issue with the pennant number decals showing up properly. It might be related to your issue, I will look and see if I can find what he said about fixing it.  

Guys, take a look at the updated  Kiev class carrier in Vertical pack 1.0  use it as an example...    everything works like with planes, but the limit also applies.

good luck!!

post-81039-0-29747200-1428043160_thumb.jpg

Edited by Snailman

Wrench, this is what I remembered Stephen1918 telling me when we worked on the V&W Class, might this be the cause of your issue?

In First Eagles (I think Strike Fighters is the same) objects can be saved from 3D Studio "with decals" or "without decals". With decals is a much bigger file because it saves data for each vertex that can be used by the game engine. In most cases the game engine can use the skinning data and decals will still work with the smaller file, but sometimes they distort and you need the bigger file to make them place correctly.

I got them too work; I'll post pics later.

in essence, 4 individual skin folder (skin is in the MAIN folder), with texture sets and decals iinis. And they just  appeared all by themselves!

very odd!

the pics