Sign in to follow this  
ravenclaw_007

French aircraft limited use

if i like to fly a french aircraft , build later than 1982 , i have the problem that i´m no longer able to select the year i like to fly it

the aircraft will only fly in the year it was build but not a single year later

i check the data.ini and the nation.ini but i can not find any error , sofar i found this error only with french aircraft , i´m on patch level nov2011

anybody with a solution to this ???

Could it be related to the terrain settings?

Which terrain do you use and what happens if you would choose a different terrain?

i try almost all of my terrain always with the same result

Also check these two lines in the game's options.ini

StartYear=1964
EndYear=1975   ----You'll see these two lines a few times, so make sure all of them are the same.

Then make sure that the aircraft you are trying to fly fits within this time period in the aircraft's data.ini

That's not very likely, cause Ravenclaw says he is having that issue only with French aircraft.

If start/endyear setting was the problem, he would have the same issue with all aircraft I think.

I have the same problem with some planes .. not only french .. the plane itself is limited to only one year, thats it

the planes likely have start years after the end year of the terrain's ini.  extract the offending terrain's main ini and adjust the start and end years.  have ones that were standard in Europe, Vietname and Israel,  but never made a NA version to plug in.  got baffled awhile back trying to get C-141B to fly then noticed that it was NA, the only stock terrain i was using

my apologies  :hi:

the reason i did not check the options.ini ??? because i´m 100% sure to have the setting changed to 1945 / 2050
but now i checked and the settings are 0 / 0 ??? are this settings changing by them self , or i´m getting old ???

anyway thank you very much for your help , everything is working now