Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

SF2 KAW Hawker Sea Fury (SB) Pack

SF2 KAW Hawker Sea Fury (SB) Pack

SF2 KAW Hawker Sea Fury (SB) Pack 4/4/2015

= For SF2, Full-5 Merged (Reccomended/Preferred) =

*Note: There is a distinct probability that this mod will =NOT= work in SF/Wo* 1stGen game installs at any patch level. End Users ™ that attempt it, do so at their own risk. A Full 5 Merged install is reccomened at the LATEST patch level.*

This package contains a NEW aircraft for SF2, the Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 by Skippybing. We've been waiting a long time for this, and through the work of some damn good people, finally have it operaional for the game.

Skins included are for the following units:

FAA:

801 (HMS Glory, 1951 -with stripes)

802 (HMS Theseus, early 1951 -no stripes)

807 (HMS Ocean, 1952, -wth stripes)

RAN:

805 (HMAS Sydney)

All skins are in bmp format, and Decal Randomization is TRUE. All markings are decals (from PauloPanz' excellent upgrade of the orginal Sea Fury by Simon Porter). This will allow for easy creation of other FAA or other countries markings (as long as it's in the standard FAA camo). The usual 'box art' hangar screen is included, revamped for SF2.

Canopy and wingfold operate via the 'standard animation keystrokes' (shift/0 for the window, and Shift/9 for the wings). Weapons are NOT included (all those used are in the KAW weapons pak), other than the drop tank. However, the pilot figure and AvHistory engine sound is.

For the skinners, I've included the partial template I had to create. Those with the talent, time and inclination are encourged to expand my work, and use it to create other the countries and squadron users various paint schemes. The user list included has almost all listed. Expansion there is also encouraged. The template folder itself, as you'll see after unzipping, is OUTSIDE the to-be-installed /Objects folder. Put it somewheres safe, eh?

As an extra added bonus, some ships. HMAS Sydney, from eburger's SF2NA CV SuperPack is included for the RAN flyers. It's had a few minor changes. See notes for details.

Also, My "stand in" Tribal DD, with expanded userlist and some minor corrections (also usable for WW2!!). As well as RAN "Battle" class DDs, stand-ins bases off Stephan1918s V/W class DDs (closest fit), for you Battle Grouping pleasure.

When in-game, on the aircraft selection menu you'll see:

Sea Fury FB.11 [sb]

This not only tags is as "skippybing", but will diferentiate it from Simon Porter's older one.

As always, fairly easy to follow, yet detailed install instructions are included. So, please read them. Also, take note of the "Legal and Usage Disclaimer', it's been changed for this aircraft.

Good Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

• Like 3

Aaarrrgggh! It's finally here! Thank you Wrench, Baffmeister, SkippyBing-wherever you're and Co.!

ohhh nice! Will just have to try this complete version!!!

a small data in correction, that I just noticed

open the data ini, and scroll down to the FlightControl section  (it's the second set down.  Use the text below to correct the flap deployment:

FlapSettingForTakeOff=1
FlapSettingForLanding=2
FlapSettingForCatapult=1

or just change the Flap for cat to 1

• Like 1

@ Kevin: I noted something strange with the engine and the spinner too.

1. you can turn off the engine (ctrl+I) and continue to fly ...

2. the spinner doesn't turn at some speeds (I discovered it when I put a star decal on it) ... mostly before take off from a CV

you can turn off the engine (ctrl+I) and continue to fly

you mean gliding? I assume the engine sound stops, too, right?

the spinner doesn't turn at some speeds

I wonder if there aren't some nodes that were never fully activated? (look just forward of the windscreen, there's two little "ears" sticking out).

I never noticed it myself (of course, I never put anything on the spinner either!).

Now I begin to wonder if this is actually the finalized lod?? Well, we're stuck with it!!

1. No take a try: on the CV deck turn off the engine (ctrl+I) then press A . The plane takes off ...

2. I will send the decal to try and see.

@ Kevin: I noted something strange with the engine and the spinner too.

1. you can turn off the engine (ctrl+I) and continue to fly ...

2. the spinner doesn't turn at some speeds (I discovered it when I put a star decal on it) ... mostly before take off from a CV

Paulo, If you are having issues with the spinner it probably has something to do with the way the spinner and prop nodes have been set up in the data ini. I'm going to have a look at it. Regarding the other issue, isn't that just the autopilot turning the engine back on, after you turned it off?

oddly, the AP doesn't turn the engine back on!!

I tested a couple of cat shots last night. Used Cntrl/I to shut down the engine, the prop spun down (forgot to notice an oddities -sorry), then hit the A key to launch....

as I expected, with no engine and prop pulling, the aircraft described a beautiful ballistic arc, from the momentum of the cat shot, and went into the drink. Under no power at all. (it actually was interesting to watch).

So yes, the aircraft WILL take off with no engine power from the deck  It just wont go very far.

(and I tested a couple of jets as well ... same results. Arc up under the cat shot power, and ker-plonnk -- into the drink!)

Ooops, opened my mouth without checking. As Wrench said, autopilot doesn't turn the engine back on. My plane didn't keep flying with the engine off.  Spinner issues are probably related to the prop/spinner nodes but I'm never quite sure whats going on in that regard. Maybe someone that knows models can have a look? All I can do is experiment a bit. Maybe set the constant speed entry to false for better identifying prop / spinner visuals.