Viggen

Writer's block

I know there's some avid writers on here. How do you guys deal with the writer's block?

Start making lists of ideas. Write down anything that comes to mind. Don't filter anything out. Let even the absurd, funny, or outrageous ideas come. The more you laugh during the process the better. Once your mind starts to filter out ideas, it actually filters out more and more, without you noticing, so let every idea come, and write them all down. I learned this technique from a book by a Hollywood screenwriter, Linda Aronson, and I know it works. One of my lists once went, wall of thorns, wall of swords, wall of beer cans, wall of Edsels, wall of three stooges, wall of stones, wall of corpses, wall of rotting corpses. The more you let in, the more your imagination opens. 

I have to agree with Heck's recommendation. Am English professor of mine once said that one should start writing anything that comes to mind no matter what it is, just every random thought that crosses ones mind and eventually you will start writing things that make cohesive sense.

I come up with my 'what if' ideas and stories on the treadmill during PT at work of all places!

I'm in the middle of my eight story. The first one became the second book. A chapter I was adding to it became the first book. That one chapter inspired me to write all eight story's and the idea came from a wild thought. So I agree write down any ideas. One other thing I do whenever I get stuck, is I stop writing and do something else for awhile. I just remembered, when I got stuck writing Book five, I put it down and started Book six witch lead to number seven, then I knew how to finish book five. Good luck on breaking the block. Hope this helps.

talk to EricJ.  he's the main one i know of from here thats published.

beyond that for me its a matter of sticking to an idea while its fresh.  need to get back to the short story series about the Real Dhimari AF.  started it as a school assignment but has some promise me thinks

hmm I might use some ideas on here to help my block. Been stuck on the final fight between Godzilla and Megachiradon (my creation). Its a first part of a three part saga I'm writing.

Falcon