leodagan76

Ghost building in The Scandinavian Front

Hi!

I've tried to find an answer using search engine, but no match...

I often meet "ghost building" when I fly across the Sweden Terrain in TSF campaign. Objects are transparent and become solid when the distance is decreasing. Do you know a way to fix that issue?

587004img00007.jpg

877122img00008.jpg

Thanks in adavance!

Leodagan

I'm sure that's meant to happen. Basically, the game engine renders some terrain objects (buildings, trees,etc) more solid as you get nearer.

in your options.ini

search for line ObjectsFade=TRUE and change TRUE to FALSE, then take a look at the values of DetailMeshSize= in flightengine.ini (you might want to extract this file from FlightData.cat as it's stored there by default)

over the years span there are numerous posts by me about increasing the trees and buildings drawing ranges plus some custom shaders that make them nicer fading in the distance -but- as apparently based on screenshots posted no one gives a fuck about it and my years-long efforts regarding fixing these issues, go search yourself that. Not aimed towards you personally Leodagan-with-numbers, just the community in general

in your options.ini

search for line ObjectsFade=TRUE and change TRUE to FALSE, then take a look at the values of DetailMeshSize= in flightengine.ini (you might want to extract this file from FlightData.cat as it's stored there by default)

over the years span there are numerous posts by me about increasing the trees and buildings drawing ranges plus some custom shaders that make them nicer fading in the distance -but- as apparently based on screenshots posted no one gives a fuck about it and my years-long efforts regarding fixing these issues, go search yourself that. Not aimed towards you personally Leodagan-with-numbers, just the community in general

here here ..!

Thanks for your answers.

Stary, sorry if I 'm annoying, and many thanks for your job and your advise. I try to do my best to find myself answers to my question using the forum search engine. But just keep in mind that for the non-natives, we aren't all equal regarding the english skills. And sometimes it's difficult to find the correct expression to write in the engine. For instance, regarding this issue, I've tried "transparent building", or "ghost building" or "ghost object", and many other expression... without succes.

Anyway, thanks for having taken time to answer!

Edited by leodagan76
  • Like 1

you can only use the expressions the sim engine understands of course -the Knowledge Base forum is good place to start reading the detailed iformations many members put together for ease of going into the series for newcomers. Hello BTW!

as for english, no problem there as it isn't my native language too (byłby to azaliż ojczysty język Kochanowskiego mój mociumpanie? :rofl:) and yeah I know that it might and it will be barrier for many members and lurkers here

anyway, it's allways worth asking, some might come with the proper answer to the questions :ok:

There should be a newer thread than the one you posted where Stary attached shaders for both trees and buildings. Try searching for "SF2 Shaders" in the search engine, many threads should appear and you guys might be able to find what you're looking for.  Maybe I'll try later.

Stary, the CombatACE community is pretty big by now, some of course don't know about such great and important efforts you made at improving SF2 graphics.  I thank you for all the modding work you did and still do, I still have these shaders as I use them in each terrain I have.  BTW I'm learning C++ programming for my studies, I hope I could help in the near future.

EDIT: Actually I tried to find some threads, but it seems these .fx shaders were included in some of the terrain mods by Stary, you guys might want to download these terrain mods to have the shaders.  Stary, if you can, please consider making an upload of the shaders only.

Edited by blaze95