How I got this to work in game...

1st tried as a basic model,with its own data.ini....was a pain getting it to work with it being a disc and no wings,gear,flaps etc...

so had a brainwave.....why not link it to a model that is set up in game and make the UFO as part of it...so the mechanics and data is already sorted...

just a matter of adding the bits to existing data.ini and fine tuning...

so I got ravenclaws Test Aircraft max file he made...

and stripped it down to bare essentials...

and then assigned a texture, set to 0 percent opacity ,back face culled and to top that made the meshes in max of the test model,so it casts no shadow,shadows wont show on it etc....max users will know what I mean...

see before and after pics....

Im not sure if the ufo will work without the actual 3d items of RC`s test jet.

will try ...

Thanks RC m8...saved me a huge headache..

linked main body to test model fuselage,and rest of the ufo bits to the ufo body..

large outer disc rotates and lower doors open to land etc.

lights etc are self illuminated...and added some ordinary lights to test and adapt to searchlights..(.similar to scene in Close encounters ,in scene with Roy in van on crossroads..one of my fave bits btw lol.)

experimenting now with some armaments for it..may try summat like new missiles and try to make them a bit like photon torpedoes....will have to experiment with that..simulating.laser beams as far as I know wont work...so will try different ideas.

any ways im happy with it so far...hopefully it will trun out good enough...

bottom pics...loading and hangar screens... :biggrin:

post-1981-0-08109600-1428256849_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-06414000-1428256862_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-72092900-1428256917_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-76109100-1428256920_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 4

Wow!! Scaring... Silly question - Friend or Foe?

• Like 1

like what was done to the AvroCar, ages ago, you don't actually need a physical wing or tail for the vehicle to fly. Just data ini statements (don't forget collision points and hit boxes!)

phasers and photo torps already exist from the Enterprise and D-7.

you should make the 'beam projector' extend from the lower hull ala the movies

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=earth+vs+the+flying+saucers&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=FAC64CD2FDFE1295633AFAC64CD2FDFE1295633A

I like it!!

• Like 1

I wonder if a large "mothership" can be made as an aircraft carrier. can it be a few hundred feet tall? say have the main "carrier" about the size of a regular carrier except it's set on an invisible "pole" that leads down say a few hundred feet to an invisible "hull" so that the mothership carrier seems to be flying?

I wonder if a large "mothership" can be made as an aircraft carrier. can it be a few hundred feet tall? say have the main "carrier" about the size of a regular carrier except it's set on an invisible "pole" that leads down say a few hundred feet to an invisible "hull" so that the mothership carrier seems to be flying?

SHIELD's Helicarrier ?

I actually tried this a few patches ago. I couldn't get it to work much beyond about 50 feet off the water. There seemed to be a hard limit.

Too bad...I was thinking about a 'Crimson Skies' type mod using zeps as aircraft carriers.

FC

Hay Russ, that's not ravenclaws test jet, it's mine. But it's cool, I'm glad it worked. :)

I actually tried this a few patches ago. I couldn't get it to work much beyond about 50 feet off the water. There seemed to be a hard limit.

Too bad...I was thinking about a 'Crimson Skies' type mod using zeps as aircraft carriers.

FC

well that sucks...... ;)

Hay Russ, that's not ravenclaws test jet, it's mine. But it's cool, I'm glad it worked. :)

Beg your pardon Raven m8...it is indeed....apologies.....it helped me loads ty