Dave

What Other Games Are You Playing?

I've been playing the following:

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Wargame: Red Dragon -> We should totally link up. I'd love to play with some other CA folks. 

Mount & Blade Warband (L'Aigle mod is amazing)

Napoleon: Total War

The X-Wing/TIE Fighter series

Oooo...and the occasional Star Wars: Empire at War (lots of good mods for that one). 

And of course, the occasional SF2 sortie. 

PS - I've had my eye on Elite: Dangerous as well...but I just can't seem to justify 60 bones for it. I'll wait until it goes down in price. 

Edited by MrGoTime

Found some resources for abandonware and fixes for other old games (some only if you still have the CD if they are not abandoned) to get them running on Windows 8.  So it's been a recent adventure down memory lane.  I find I really enjoy playing games that I used to love for a few days, then am ready to move on.

Starfleet Command 1

Warlords 3

Age of Wonders

Command & Conquer: Generals

Jane's Fleet Command & 688i

To the Wargame: Red Dragon players - I still play Wargame: Airland Battle occasionally, is it worth upgrading to Red Dragon?  Maybe pick that up on the next Steam sale.  I would also be interested in playing with CA members.

Fallout New Vegas: Project Brazil and working on my second Mass Effect Trilogy playthrough.

Of course that's when I have the time.

• Like 1

Fallout New Vegas: Project Brazil and working on my second Mass Effect Trilogy playthrough.

Of course that's when I have the time.

I was actually just thinking that it's about time for me to do another Mass Effect trilogy playthrough. Good call!

Found some resources for abandonware and fixes for other old games (some only if you still have the CD if they are not abandoned) to get them running on Windows 8.  So it's been a recent adventure down memory lane.  I find I really enjoy playing games that I used to love for a few days, then am ready to move on.

Starfleet Command 1

Warlords 3

Age of Wonders

Command & Conquer: Generals

Jane's Fleet Command & 688i

To the Wargame: Red Dragon players - I still play Wargame: Airland Battle occasionally, is it worth upgrading to Red Dragon?  Maybe pick that up on the next Steam sale.  I would also be interested in playing with CA members.

I really like Red Dragon. But I also really like that theater for conflict. It adds naval warfare (though not the greatest in my opinion). It's really pretty similar to ALB in my opinion. But you can generally pick it up on the cheap when it goes on sale, and it's worth it then. 

• Like 1

I really like Red Dragon. But I also really like that theater for conflict. It adds naval warfare (though not the greatest in my opinion). It's really pretty similar to ALB in my opinion. But you can generally pick it up on the cheap when it goes on sale, and it's worth it then. 

I'll keep my eyes open for a sale.  The trailers look like the same game as ALB with some half-a$$ed naval combat thrown in.  Not gonna fork over $40 for that.  Multiplayer is great in ALB but the single player campaigns are disappointing.  Any single player improvements in Red Dragon?

Wargame Red dragon,

World in Conflict,

Kerbal space program

Also got FC3 but somehow I think my setup is inadequate to have any fun with that.

nothing.. not even windows games :|

Just picked up Command Modern Air Naval Operations on sale. Doing some mission building in CFS3.  

I have that. I love it!

Here is the list of other games I am playing. 

Clipboard01.jpg

Right now... other than Strike Fighters 2, I am really into Pocket Pool.

Up for an away game? :lol:

I'll keep my eyes open for a sale.  The trailers look like the same game as ALB with some half-a$$ed naval combat thrown in.  Not gonna fork over $40 for that.  Multiplayer is great in ALB but the single player campaigns are disappointing.  Any single player improvements in Red Dragon?

Not many single player improvements: the computer still omniscient of your defenses and use spam of units to win- not fun when you are playing a campaign and starts with 500 points- but there are some improvements in the game mechanics, like SPAAG and tanks buff. 

DCS when have time

SF2 of course

cod4

Black ops

Black ops II

cod ghosts

cod WAW

Cod Advanced Warfare mp

cod mw3

FSX

Condemned - Criminal Origins

bf3

bf4

medal of honour

Bad Company 2

Crysis

crysis 3

far cry 4

erm...

I was catching up with my incredible backlog.

Splinter Cell:Double Agent

Brothers In Arms:Earned In Blood

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

(Both GR:AW and BIA:EIB have reminded me how much I detest checkpoints...give me a save anywhere option. I'm old, dammit!)

Homeworld 1 and 2, plus both remastered versions. Homeworld 2 and Homeworld 2 Remastered are essentially the same game. I even played Homeworld 2(original-not the packaged classic version included in the remaster) just to make sure the gameplay is identical. Homeworld and Homeworld Remastered are a bit different from each other gameplay wise (and obviously graphics wise!). To me, for the campaign, the differences are not enough to take away from the improvements in the overall graphics, UI, etc. Homeworld Remastered simply looks stunning and plays well enough in campaign mode. I still wish the remastered versions had time compression...

Alien:Isolation - Unlike another recent Alien franchise game (ahem...), A:I so far has nailed it. And I'm making sure I wear my brown pants...

Setting up scenarios in X-Wing Alliance. We use the setup as a fund raiser (be a X-Wing Pilot for a dollar donation!)...works great. Of course, I laugh when kids ask if this is a new Star Wars game....

FC

Mostly Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG. Switching between a long-term German campaign in Hearts of Iron III and an Allied campaign in Guns of August (WW1 by Matrix Games). And some scenarios of Combat Mission: Shock Force to keep an eye on asymmetric tactical warfare...

SC: Double Agent--without question the worst SC game they made. Yeah, it's still "classic" SC as opposed to the rebooted gameplay of Conviction and Blacklist, but they were still better games than DA.

SC:DA is the Rainbow 6: Lockdown of the SC series--they made enough small changes to the original formula to trash it and validate the total overhaul of R6 Vegas and the last 2 SC games. :sad:

The best is still Chaos Theory followed by the original. I never played Pandora's, and oddly it's the only one not on Steam. Heard it was the weakest of the original 3, though...until DA claimed that crown. DA was the Kingdom the Crystal Skull unseating The Temple of Doom for weakest entrant in the series. :wink:

Did I mention how much I was disappointed in SC:DA yet?

I thought it was SC:Conviction that was considered the worst of the SC series (other than the PSP version). From what I read, they got rid of several stealth elements to make it more accessible...which sounds like it defeats the point of the SC series...

FC

I've been playing Defcon everybody dies, with a few mods to make it look like the "big board" from the film wargames.

(Sorry for the bad screenshot, had to use my phone)

mSCadNn.jpg

I've been playing Defcon everybody dies, with a few mods to make it look like the "big board" from the film wargames.

(Sorry for the bad screenshot, had to use my phone)

mSCadNn.jpg

Hey, I like that! What mods? (and is there a better single player option other than the tutorial?)

FC

Hey, I like that! What mods? (and is there a better single player option other than the tutorial?)

FC

I found the demo quite limiting so I went ahead and bought it on steam its only £5.99, with full game there is a single player & lots of game modes available like big world, custom (where you can tweak loads of gameplay options) etc...

the mods I use are; All cities, Cold war 1980's v1.7, & WOPR which is the mod that makes the graphics look like the monitors from Wargames.

It can be quite hard to find working links to mods because the community pretty dead which is a shame.

But yeah I would recommend it.

I'm not playing anything except for few hidden object games on the web. My gaming pc isn't fixed yet.

Falcon

Conviction was like GRAW or R6 Vegas. The series was retooled to be very different. If you accept that, and play them for what they are, Conviction and Blacklist are entertaining "modern" stealth shooters--by which I mean it's expected that at some points you go guns-a-blazing because stealth WILL fail.

DA was still in the "classic" stealth shooter model, but it was ruined with the dumb hub and the mine-making minigame and a ton of technical problems that none of the other games in the series ever had. I liked the first mission, it felt like Chaos Theory...then they threw it out the window and it became wrong.

Asseto Corsa, RF1, DCS but it runs like shit on my computer so FC2 if I'm in the mood. Occasionally a bit of SHIII or IV.

Right now... other than Strike Fighters 2, I am really into Pocket Pool.

That's what happens when your overseas for too long.

Just bought these two punishing games for muh PS3

Dark Souls

Dark Souls II

Dark Souls is far more unforgiving than DS II, but hot damn I love games that don't hand hold, and punish every single mistake made.

Been playing Injustice online.

Have also re-installed Kotor and Kotor II with the mod.

Apart from SF2?

The Hunter: Primal, first time I play multiplayer in years!!!!!!1111

bit of FSX Steam (go fffffu u Microsoft for you know what you did thieves!)

started Ori and The Blind Forest which is beautiful visually

off to start Dead Island Riptide

and some classics recently:

Blood One Unit Whole Blood, can someone do OpenGL port of it please? Akin to EDuke32 etc?

Shadow Warrior Classic (the freeware Steam version)

"Veteran Edition" of Strife which I missed in the 90s despite my friend was talking about it nonstop

DooM (various WADs, but mostly now "Knee Deep in Z-Doom" with Brutal DooM v1.90, impatient for 1.20 to come out)

Panzer Elite with PP2X

maybe hour of Ship Simular Extreme lol

and you don't want the list of games I started but stopped playing due to whatever but lack time and/or will to go back into (Xenonauts, Stalker series, Skyrim looking at you!)