Do335

Preserving the TW official forum

The Thirdwire forum is back up, but I have an inkling that its time is limited.

I am not a web expert at all, so wondering if there's any way to "batch" save a forum data? (Instead of manually opening each page and save it via browser).

TK has shared loads of info on it and it takes too long to go thru them one by one.

I've seen many flight sim forums come and go, and when they go the data is always lost. I feel the TW fora is kinda unique as no other developer has shared so much game info with the community via it.

Edited by Do335

eh.... oh well. Commencing manual saving it is.

Well if you want to compile it, have the time and desire to do so, it would be appreciated by sone here to mske a manual copy ofvthe major topic. Some things like meshnames could be consolodated, other whole topics preserved as snapshots for the community

Yeah, suppose I'll save as much as I can. Hopefully there'll be others besides me and I'll see if I can make a thread to collect/sort the saved pages when the time comes.

Really come to think of it it's more like a knowledge base there.

OK a search of posts by "thirdwire" turns up 681 pages. Gone through the first 100 pages so hopefully get this done in a week.

(TK if you're reading this hang tight a bit!:))

• Like 2

Thanks Brain32. I confirm the proggy works, used it to capture a small forum just to test. But apparently TW bbs disabled these kind of saving.

"Warning:  Note: due to bbs.thirdwire.com remote robots.txt rules, links beginning with these path will be forbidden: / (see in the options to disable this)" so only the TW forum index page was saved.

Edited by Do335

Mark page 250. (just a note to self)

Mark pg 530

Edited by Do335

:biggrin:

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5752&p=35278#p35278

LOL, hitting Alt+N to warp isn't like dusting crops! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star, or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it? icon_smile.gif

I'll look out for the bugs, when did the wingman crash into you, before or after the warp?

TK
--

• Like 2

Mark pg 656

25 pg to go

Edited by Do335

It seems Thirdwire BBS is gone for good. Don't remember deleting prev mediafire upload, but apparently it happend(hmmm). Re-up to mega and mediafire. IIRC saved 100+ more pages compared to the prev upload.

- I'm not visiting these foras anymore nowadays. But TK's posts should help anybody else still wanting to mod/play this game.

https://mega.nz/file/o8h0FDQb#hSGnjYs2zaqppl3wM-SN97L3tSp4RTzepu9z8NFDK7o

https://www.mediafire.com/file/34nfyelvyl9tiwm/TK_Posts_ThirdWire_BBS.7z/file

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

So...no Exp 3?

• Haha 1

Not even in our wildest and wettest dreams!!!  :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wrench said:

Not even in our wildest and wettest dreams!!!  :lol:

Damn, I've been hyped for 8 years about MiG-25s, swing wing Fitters and so much more... I'm afraid this makes SF2: Korea unlikely too.

I guess it is time to make a mess of my drive with mods.