Minor Update: Target Area Editor V0.2.1:

-terrain objects located in sub folders are displayed

I can confirm that this works. And works outstanding. Been waiting for this for Years.......  Thank You very much.

KillerBee's Airfield Objects will now show...........

Semper Fi!

331KillerBee

Is there a key stroke to duplicate an already placed and highlighted object without having to open the "Add New Object" list"?.  If not, could there be? Would really speed things up.

Edited by quack74

Thanks Mue! The latest update solved my problem with the objects, is now a lot easier to work with targets!

I have a doubt, sometimes when I select a target area I get a CTD, it only happens in certain airfields, but is every time I click when happens. Any idea?

I have a doubt, sometimes when I select a target area I get a CTD, it only happens in certain airfields, but is every time I click when happens. Any idea?

Does the CTD always happens if you select the certain airfields, or only sporadic?

Damn, I really need to get my notes over to you Mue.  Almost everything mentioned on this list i've already got covered (bugs/errors) along with proposed improvements.  In this case the CTD is often the result of the program not properly handling comments and/or improper  sequencing (usually the latter).  I'll work on my list this weekend Mue, I really apologize but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

And thanks again for one of the greatest modder tools ever created in my opinion!

Edited by swambast

Does the CTD always happens if you select the certain airfields, or only sporadic?

Always in certain airfields.

I get CTD's in trying to load target areas in the Formosa terrain.

I downloaded this terrain: http://combatace.com/files/file/15093-formosa-ww2-pto-terrain-for-sf2/

But I couldn't reproduce the CTD. I selected every target area without any CTD.

Maybe you meant another Formosa terrain? Or you have a modified one?

@all who experience CTDs: can you send me your terrain or a download link of the terrain, so that I can debug it. Thanks!

I downloaded this terrain: http://combatace.com/files/file/15093-formosa-ww2-pto-terrain-for-sf2/

But I couldn't reproduce the CTD. I selected every target area without any CTD.

Maybe you meant another Formosa terrain? Or you have a modified one?

@all who experience CTDs: can you send me your terrain or a download link of the terrain, so that I can debug it. Thanks!

It is this one that is built with Stary's tiles + the original formosa + wrench's target area upgrades http://combatace.com/topic/56852-gepards-formosa-strait-visual-update/    http://combatace.com/topic/57672-formosa-upgrade-2-airfields-fixes-other-small-tweeks/     http://combatace.com/files/file/6723-formosa-strait-terrain-version-10

Bugfix Update: Target Area Editor V0.2.2:

-bugfix: crashes while reading 24 bit tga files

It's actually an old bug, that I fixed already last year in the LODViewer. But for unknown reasons the bugfix never went into the Target Area Editor.

Copy the content of the zip file into the MuesToolBox folder.

TargetAreaEditor_V0.2.2_Update.zip

• Like 9

Will try before uploading the terrain. Thanks mue! quack74 requested a key stroke to duplicate the last object placed, I think is a nice feature to have and will save a lot of time.

Hi Mue, the rest of the notes can wait but as previously shared way back…

The "copy/paste" functionality of an existing object will absolutely be one of the most significant and best features to implement first.  I learned that when working on the old STT and wish I would have done this much earlier; absolutely encourage and would be grateful for it in your superior tool.

I don’t mean just being able to duplicate the last object though.  It should be easy enough to simply copy ANY existing object already placed.  Then as we spoke about already, it gets pasted slightly offset from the original copied object (.5 – 1m away or whatever) and takes the focus so you know it’s the newly copied object and can work with it immediately.  I can’t recall off the top of my head, but if the TAE references the listbox of the currently selected object, then it should be very easy to simply use this current object info as the basis for the copy.  Read in that “currently selected object” line and offset the currently selected object x-axis by -1 or whatever, “append as new” this new object info to the bottom of the list and issue the draw call.  I'm sure you already have insight into this, but I'd say let's get this one in next please!!!      

Bugfix Update: Target Area Editor V0.2.2:

-bugfix: crashes while reading 24 bit tga files

It's actually an old bug, that I fixed already last year in the LODViewer. But for unknown reasons the bugfix never went into the Target Area Editor.

Copy the content of the zip file into the MuesToolBox folder.

attachicon.gifTargetAreaEditor_V0.2.2_Update.zip

Thank you so much.

while this newest version is doing a bang up job on reading objects now stored in sub-folders, it now seems to have issues with objects NOT in terrain folder.

examples below: 

the QRA shelters (Shelter A) while listed in the targets ini, are NOT showing in the TAE. However in game they most certainly do.

Also, the types ini listing has disappeared, or I'm simply too messed up in the head right now (for various reasons in Real Life) to find the switch to turn it on.

• Like 1

while this newest version is doing a bang up job on reading objects now stored in sub-folders, it now seems to have issues with objects NOT in terrain folder.

examples below: 

the QRA shelters (Shelter A) while listed in the targets ini, are NOT showing in the TAE. However in game they most certainly do.

ShelterA is a stock lod item and should be in the cat files. Have you enabled cat file access and set the sf2 install directory in Extras->Settings correctly?

Also, the types ini listing has disappeared, or I'm simply too messed up in the head right now (for various reasons in Real Life) to find the switch to turn it on.

Right mouse click in the toolbar opens a menu where you can select "Target Types" to show the target types window.

yup! that's got it!!

thanks!

mue tried the latest update, I can now open all the targets that made the editor crash in the past. Thanks a lot!

Hello Mue,

i installed your Target Area Editor yesterday on my new system (Win7 64bit)

But now i can´t move selected objects. readme says: 

-translation (coarse): ctrl + left click + move
-translation (fine): ctrl + shift + left click + move
-rotation (coarse): ctrl + mouse wheel
-rotation (fine): ctrl + shift + mouse wheel

rotation works fine, but not the moving... 
Edited by 7eleven

Hey Mue.....can you add a feature that if you have added a bunch of stuff to a target area...and you go to refresh that it will challenge you to save first?

Hello Mue,

i installed your Target Area Editor yesterday on my new system (Win7 64bit)

But now i can´t move selected objects. readme says: 

-translation (coarse): ctrl + left click + move
-translation (fine): ctrl + shift + left click + move
-rotation (coarse): ctrl + mouse wheel
-rotation (fine): ctrl + shift + mouse wheel

rotation works fine, but not the moving... 

Mmh.. it seems the readme is imprecise here: translation is ctrl (+ shift) + left mouse button hold + move. Have you tried this?

Hey Mue.....can you add a feature that if you have added a bunch of stuff to a target area...and you go to refresh that it will challenge you to save first?

Ok, noted on my todo list.

Yes i tried it, but does not work in SF2 NA. In other Terrains it works... 

Yes i tried it, but does not work in SF2 NA. In other Terrains it works... 

Duno if it is related but SF2 NA is a LOD based terrain

yess, the tool only ready TFD/HFD style terrains.

Even the Lod Viewer can't see the IcelandNA terrrain (maybe too big??)

Is this thing as useful as it looks? I'd love for targetization to be easier. Does it only use stock objects?

as long as something is listed in the _types ini, and exists in the GroundObject folder, it works

and yes, it's OUTSTANDING!!!

in the example images below, they'd be almost impossible to build without it...

• Like 4