Sign in to follow this  
subarug

Skin Req. for Area 88 F-5 Tiger II,F-8E Crusader

Not sure if there are any Area 88 Manga or Anime fans out there that Mod....but if there are I would love to see a Shin Kazama Skinned F-5 and F-8, that would make my flying dreams come true!

Edited by subarug

I have been slowly trying to get references to do a few Area 88 skins also the F-14 and Mig-29 from Macross Zero,but i'm having a hard time finding clear pics and marking references.Do you have any links?

God knows I haven't seen a Area 88 comic in a while.....

The paint scheme Shin had on his F-8 seemed to look alot like the F-8D skin

for VMF-321, The Black Barons. This skin is over at Column 5.

Im just heading to bed but I have ref Skins for the Area 88 F-5 and the only thing that needs to be changed on the crusader is the tail art... I have Macross Zero so Ill see if I can get a good capture.

Gimme a day... im glad someone jumped on it..

Here are the Tiger-2 Ref pics... LIke i said i THINK the crusader just has a shark mouth and the tail art...ill check later but this should work for you guys right now...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/subarug/a88t22.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/subarug/a88t2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/subarug/a88t23.jpg

Area 88! Of course - I knew this game reminded me of something...60s/70s aircraft, fictional Mid East country, mercenary pilots.

What a campaign that would be!

Thanks for the nostalgia trip subarug.

No prob, I have the Graphic Novel en route to me right now, and I have all the new TV series, and If anyone would like to make a campaign (and change some stuff around for copyright purposes of course) Let me know. Im also decent with a pencil and paper so if anybody wants anything drawn for it, I could help.

In the meantime someone jump on these skins! LOL

White Night I know your a skin guy.... are those ref pics good enough or do you need some more?

Just got a hold of the manga so I can scan if needed.

SWEET! Let me know if you need more images

Subaruq, you may want to head over to the forums at Column 5's site. Take a look in the screenshots forum. I think it's what you've been looking for these past few months... :grin:

Subaruq, you may want to head over to the forums at Column 5's site. Take a look in the screenshots forum. I think it's what you've been looking for these past few months... :grin:

I'll just post it here allenjb42... :victory:

Ok... last night started watching the new TV series on DVD.

It just had to be done... because the plot and setting of AREA 88 is sooooo similar to the Burning Sands campaign... I couldn't stop myself. AREA 88 even has the same vintage aircraft for the most part. :blink:

area88ani.gif

Micky Simon's F-14A Tomcat...

Area88f14a.jpg

Area88f14a1.jpg

Area88f14a2.jpg

Area88f14aTurn.jpg

Shin Kazama's F-8E Crusader...

ShinF8OnRamp.jpg

ShinF8Climb.jpg

ShinF8Close.jpg

ShinF8RightSide.jpg

ShinF8Egress.jpg

Shin's Draken, F-5E & F-20 (prolly use the F-5A for now) will be forthcoming... ;)

A little about me and AREA 88: Back in the late 80s I stumbled upon the AREA 88 comics... got hooked on them and had to get the Manga from Japan. I saw half of the movie (Part 1 to be technical) and was a bit disappointed. Last year I saw 1-7 of this new TV series and although its full of terrible inaccuracies mingled with Uber-Otaku detail at times... I really like it. So because AREA-88 is SO similar to Burning Sands... I'm going to be doing alot of these skins. The above are almost done. ;)

Does anyone want Borris' ("God of War") F-8E Crusader skin (from the new TV series) in addition to those listed above???

Edited by Ferrit

I have been slowly trying to get references to do a few Area 88 skins also the F-14 and Mig-29 from Macross Zero,but i'm having a hard time finding clear pics and marking references.Do you have any links?

White Knight, these skins are coming soon. I'm almost happy with them. Here's the old pics, in case folks here haven't seen...

The F-14 Tomcat from Macross Zero, flown by LT. Shin Kudo and his RIO LT. Edgar LaSalle of the UN SPACY.

macrosszeroClimb.jpg

macrosszeroTurn.jpg

macrosszeroRearDetails.jpg

F-14s.jpg

Work on the MiG-29 has also begun and will be finished after I get the F-14 done. :yes:

Fantastic Ferrit! This is what I have been looking for... now If we can put these Skins togther with a Area 88 based campaign we have something awesome!

I have the First and Only Graphic Novel, The Orig OVA DVD, All of the New TV-series (J-Ver) And just got the first US DVD.

Also ferrit ill post a link to my sketch post so we could get an idea of loading screen, loadouts, debrief etc etc...

Send me a PM if you want to get together and start something....

OH yeah... In addition to Borris... When the Bucc gets released we need Randalls skin from Episode 9!

Ground attack mayhem!

OH yeah... In addition to Borris... When the Bucc gets released we need Randalls skin from Episode 9!

Alright... I'll see what I can do. In the meantime... Shin's SAAB Draken from the Comics/manga is almost done... ;) However, I need to get permission from this aircraft/skin's creator before I can release this publiclly. :search:

ShinDrake2.jpg

ShinDrakeClose.jpg

And an early release is ready for Shin's F-8E Crusader. Big thank you to C5 for letting me use one of his F-8E_FG skins as the base. :) I just need to find someone to host this, if they will. ;)

ShinSide.jpg

ShinF8Front.jpg

Posted this over at Column5 but might as well post it here. A Shin Kazama Tiger II skin I made based off of the new series.

kazama1.jpg

kazama2.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Posted this over at Column5 but might as well post it here. A Shin Kazama Tiger II skin I made based off of the new series.

kazama1.jpg

kazama2.jpg

Let me know what you think.

FANTASTIC! MORE MORE MORE!

Not sure if there are any Area 88 Manga or Anime fans out there that Mod....but if there are I would love to see a Shin Kazama Skinned F-5 and F-8, that would make my flying dreams come true!

I made a Shin Kazama F-8 skin the other day, is anyone still interested?

Also, these post all seem old but I can't find the skins pictured here for download anywhere. Does anyone know of anything available for strikefighters in the Area 88 catagory?

Edited by agent036