Is there a Skyraider available for Strike Fighter? And, if so, can it be used with the missions?

Well, I got the DL installed but the cockpit is a jet complete with jet sound and externally there is no engine sound. I put the engine sound file under 'sound' but couldn't figure out where to put the soundconfig.ini. Any ideas?

Ya, things'd be a lot easier if there was a readme. No such animal.

there is a read me in both the 2.0a Pack and the Cockpit INI Update.

The Cockpit INI Update Contains the Newest _DATA INI so install that as well..

The Skyraider 2.0a Pack.

The Skyraider Cockpit INI Update Set.

If theres no INI then You Got an WAY outdated Pack.

also a Fix for the sonds INI Change in the patched version will be released either in the next 48 hours or with the next Update 2.1a pack.. which ever comes first.

A1-1-Patched.jpg

Got my Skyraider workin fairly well, sound and all. I do have an invisible Skyraider sometimes at certain angles of external view. Goes away for the most part after takeoff. What's funny is all the armament is still hangin there.

On a high note the rocket packs are awesome. thought I was on unlimited there for a while. Took me a long time to empty them. Next time out they are going to be set at quick any muti ripple. Watch the Devastation!

I do have an invisible Skyraider sometimes at certain angles of external view

This is most likely due to the fact that the skyraider uses several 1024x1024 texture files which take up 3MB's of video memory each. Try resizing 2 or more of the textures to 512x512.

Hope that helps.

David - Skunkworks

IS there a way to make it so rocket shots are in clusters or anything? Cause the one a time...takes..ssssssssooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooong

yes it's easy..just set it up as if you were setting your ripple count in bombs.

Hey Armourdave,

Sounds like we just can't win. Put together the best sys I could afford, along with the gforce 4600 at 128megs of ram, and it ain't enough? Doh!

I have had feedback on the Invisible plane prob.

If all the latest things are installed the problem should be limited to certain Skins.. which all the ones that come in the pack SHOULD BE 512x512.

The Problem is Usually based on skins or in earlier INI the 3rd LOD File for lower Poly LODS was missing.(Incorrect Link)

I just checked all my skins for the skyraider and they are 512x512, like D.O said. I have been flying it abit after the patch and its really great Now, Take a while lot of AAA before it finally goes done. Also after the patch I dont seem to have the invisible Prob anymore. I always thought it was to do with the weapons, It used to happen when the aircraft was fully loaded but once a certian amount of weapons, or if jettisoned, where gone the plane would stop dissapering. Why it doesnt dissaper might be because of another reason which I might investigate now :)

Volks

Guest Ranger332

when you get your Raider ready hers a mission for you

copy and add to your Missions File

[MissionHeader]

AircraftType=A1H

MissionMap=DESERT

MissionType=STRIKE

StartTime=16:00:00

StartDate=09/18/1968

[MissionData]

FriendlyAirActivity=1

EnemyAirActivity=1

PlayerMissionID=1

PlayerPositionID=1

MissionNumber=5123

[Weather]

WeatherType=CLEAR

WeatherAlt=2000.0

WeatherThickness=500.0

FogAmount=0.6

ContrailAlt=8000.0

StartWindDirection=150

StartWindSpeed=2.57222

WindGustingAmount=2.57222

[AircraftMission001]

AircraftType=A-1H

Name=SAR1

FormationType=SovietBomber

Size=4

RandomChance=100

MissionType=STRIKE

Position=445264.0,483519,300

Heading=135.0

Speed=150.0

Alignment=ENEMY

Loadout=BOMB

Waypoint[01].Position= 447000, 479000,400

Waypoint[01].Size=250

Waypoint[01].Command=WAYPOINT

WAYPOINT[01].Speed=150

[AircraftMission002]

AircraftType=B-57B

Name=ANVIL

FormationType=USFighter

Size=1

RandomChance=100

MissionType=CAS_DEFENSIVE

ObjectiveID=2

RatingForSuccess=50

Position=562600.000,391100.000,200.0

Heading=170.0

Speed=0

Alignment=FRIENDLY

Position=563800.000,386300.000,200.0

[AircraftMission003]

AircraftType=Mig-19s

Name=RED HAMMER

FormationType=SovietFighter

Size=4

RandomChance=100

MissionType=INTERCEPT

Position=445224.0,483559.0,300

Heading=110.0

Speed=150.0

Alignment=ENEMY

Loadout=AirToAir

Waypoint[01].Position= 563800.000,386300.000,200.1

Waypoint[01].Size=250

Waypoint[01].Command=WAYPOINT_DEFEND

WAYPOINT[01].Speed=150

Alignment=ENEMY

Position=445264.0,483519,300.100

[GroundMission001]

GroundObjectType=ZSU-23

Name=AD Btn

FormationType=SovietAD

Size=4

RandomChance=100

ObjectiveID=01

RatingForSuccess=100

Alignment=ENEMY

Heading=350

Speed=0

Position=445264.0,483519,300.100

OK, so here's a couple more complaints. Please don't hate me, I'm only the messenger.

1. The soundloop blows. It's definately a great houserattlin(If I have it turned up.((Can still hear the wife,"TURN THAT DOWN!!))monster Skyraider radial but the loop is far from a smooth transition.

2. My wingmen have no loadouts. Am I missing something here?

Ok every time i try the rocket thing, it doesnt work right, it still just fires one a a time, and also, are all these loads for the A-1 real cause if so....good lord...i think im amazed...i just checked and yes i am indeed amazed :shock:

If you think the load of the Spud is amazing u should see the one of the A/C that got beat out by it. Look up info on the Martin Mauler, its loadout was more than what the empty weight of the Spud was.

Guest PhantomWarrior

maulerfr_10.jpg

Martin started producing the Mauler in 1945 and made less than 150 planes. Production ceased in 1949. The Navy had decided that it wanted the Skyraider instead. The Mauler broke a few single engine plane records for payload and could outdo the Skyraider in this respect. The Mauler was difficult to land on a carrier and had a lot of landing mishaps. The Mauler served with reserve units until 1953.

The Martin "Mauler" is probably one of the least well-known US Navy aircraft to have actually entered squadron service. Its career was eclipsed by the superior performance of the Douglas AD "Skyraider", which was a contemporary design. References to the "Mauler" are not particularly easy to find. The only detailed literature, that I know of, is number fourteen in the "Naval Fighter" series, published in 1994. This volume contains historical information, including photographs, detail sketches, and basic three-view drawings. Alan Ranger managed to find me a copy of the book on one of his trips to the USA, though it may be possible to obtain a copy from one of the UK bookshops.

mauler3_600.jpg

The Mauler saw only limited active duty service before being replaced by the much better AD Skyraider. This particular Mauler shows what an active service one looked like. The spinner tip was white, while the pennant behind the nose number was red with a black circle. All the codes are in white, and are repeated in the usual wing positions.

http://www.martinstateairport.com/museum/a...craft/ch_19.htm

In April 1949 he took up a Mauler carrying three 2,200-pound torpedoes, twelve 500-pound bombs, and 800 rounds of ammunition for the wing-mounted 20-mm cannons. The payload of 10,648 pounds set an unofficial record for single-engine planes. With the fleet, though, the Maulers proved difficult to land safely aboard even the Midway's 986-foot flight deck. One squadron commander nicknamed his AM's as "Awful Monsters." Although unable to match the Mauler's weight records, the Douglas "Able Dogs" were easier to fly and maintain; they were to serve on into the 1960's. In 1950 the Maulers were reassigned to naval reserve squadrons flying from inland concrete runways.