Thnx

If anyone needs tut on 3ds max feel fre to ask and I can post some up.

• Like 2

We could could use some new tut's to replace those made by Mustang, Although they were helpful, they were deceiving because they were not made for just SF. Took me a few months to sort out the WRONG information they contained. Like Mapping, cutting and bending meshes, he makes it to complex. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Thnx

If anyone needs tut on 3ds max feel fre to ask and I can post some up.

This would be highly appreciated

We could could use some new tut's to replace those made by Mustang, Although they were helpful, they were deceiving because they were not made for just SF. Took me a few months to sort out the WRONG information they contained. Like Mapping, cutting and bending meshes, he makes it to complex. Just a thought.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, do that... It would be helpful, especially for those who do not have English as their native language(like me). \o/

what sort of thing u need to know...or rather how I do it...

I can do some basics for making ailerons flaps and slats etc...inc animation...

basic mapping of planar and some cylinder mapping...pelt mapping im still a noob tho

In my case, I know how to build and cut parts, but never moved forward from this point and no idea of other things, how to animate the control surfaces (for example). I imagine that many others have even more basic questions than mine. I know there is much more to do than modeling, but do not know how to do this subsequent steps.

At the moment I have two projects going at snail's pace, a pilot and an aircraft model, know that the pilot would be much simpler to end, it would be enough just modeling, texturing and separate the head from the body (that's right? XD)... And by the way, how I hate the standard pilot model !!! :blowup:
I thank you for your attention , sir. ^^

Edited by lauro rafael

I imagine that many others have even more basic questions

yah, like 'what do all them buttons do?'

:biggrin:

one day, I promise to start learning it!

• Like 1

Mustangs Tutorials are still the best around although if you look for   3D max  P-51  in youtube theres  a good one also

This guy gives good tuts on modelling in max...this for emil 109 from scratch...

click the youtube icon to see the rest of the parts

Edited by russouk2004

Russ, I could use a little insight to cylinder mapping for say a compass or other instruments.

Basic cylinder map on quick put together compass....WMV  vid

its a quick method I use...for items that arent seen as things like fuselages etc...

no sound as mic is fekked...I have tried to make it self explanatory ...I have some modifiers in my quad menus for ease of use,but pause vid to see better what im using...

cylinder wrap a compass.7z

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

Cutting and setting up ailerons....basics....easy but looks good  I think so...:)

if wings are angled I always make the ailerons and flaps 1st in horizontal position...then linking parts,and then finally angle the wing down using rotate tool or skew etc...if you use latter....group wing and flaps etc so they follow the angle of wing...

Ailerons.wmv

• Like 1

Hello mr. russouk2004, I only had the opportunity to see your tutorial today and found it very good. Direct and simple, it was easy to follow. I suggest you continue.
Thank you very much.

Anyone looked at the AT-6F Model?

Since Bunyap is no more around, we have no chance to overhaul his Texans.

So maybe if the Alphasim ones are good we can use them?