Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Mad Max: Fury Road

Looks good - didn't like Carlize Theron's haircut though, having said that, I bet she saved a fortune on Shampoo and hair treatments!!!

• Like 1

I really want to see this movie....I've heard nothing but good things about it from everywhere.

FC

Haven't seen it, but disappointed Tina Turner is not in it.

Saw it over the weekend. I'm trying to figure out where it fit into the original Max series, or if it was meant as a pure reboot? I liked the action but felt it left much on the viewer to know the other movies for background.

IMHO, it would be between The Road Warrior and Thunderdome. 

But I guess it's quite blurry because it's a reboot, sort of. It seems that they decided to ignore the Mad Max timeline. 

I saw it last week and it rocked!

I personally don't think of the Mad Max universe in the "All the stories must fit in the timeline" way. I'd rather think of them as "stories from the Mad Max universe".

I mean, lets face it, in the post apocalypse, who is going to bother with a metal guitar player with a flamethrower as his fret?

FC

3D is a must for this one. The beginning is rather clumsy I find, but next it runs on the sands like blood over oil! Quite predictable framework and events, but dynamic making, mind-blowing like hell, with the expectable batch of grimacing mugs in close-up, kamikaze barbarians, acrobatic motorbikes, armored and spiked hulks crushed by armored and spiked war truck, chains, guns, and metal racket... (yes, hurrah from the flamethrower guitar!)

I may keep an eye on the development of the video game to come.