• Announcements

• Erik

2019 Drive   05/31/2019

Can you lend a hand?  GET STARTED TODAY

Need a volunteer to make an accurate Brake chute for this bird...thank you in advance

post-11906-0-56505800-1432033965_thumb.jpg

Edited by Veltro2k
  • Like 1

Love the 47.............Along with the current B-1, probably the most beautiful bomber developed in the USAF inventory.

Yepp, nice model

how does the tail of the plain look like and the back of the engines?

post-11906-0-51517600-1437512147_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice ass! :lol:

I was so going to post a link to Sir-mix-alot as a response to this, but I remembered this is a family site.

Edited by Heck

Referring to daddyairplanes comment on the KC-97. It would be great to have some 1950's/60's era tankers for this series ie. KB-29, KB-50, KC-97. Eye candy? Maybe so, but hopefully some day one of the expert modders will  come up with a way to bring air refueling into the mix. We have KC-135, KC-10, KA-3, KA-6 etc. -  Why not some of the 'Old Core' Tankers? I wish I had the knowhow and program's (To expensive!) to produce these work horses........I don't, but along with the 135 RECCEE birds and other 'eye candy' steeds it sure would be a cool addition.

Just my own opinion..............Thanks to all who make this series great!

NIELS    :imhappy:

Referring to daddyairplanes comment on the KC-97. It would be great to have some 1950's/60's era tankers for this series ie. KB-29, KB-50, KC-97. Eye candy? Maybe so, but hopefully some day one of the expert modders will  come up with a way to bring air refueling into the mix. We have KC-135, KC-10, KA-3, KA-6 etc. -  Why not some of the 'Old Core' Tankers? I wish I had the knowhow and program's (To expensive!) to produce these work horses........I don't, but along with the 135 RECCEE birds and other 'eye candy' steeds it sure would be a cool addition.

Just my own opinion..............Thanks to all who make this series great!

NIELS    :imhappy:

Yeah but its hard to find a good 3-view of this beast

post-11906-0-55240800-1438040121_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Wow - Thats a Hell of a start!......Lookin like the 'L' model the Air Guard units flew in the 70's.

Very nice work Veltro2k

Edited by NIELS

Trying to decide If I should do both with and without outboard jet engines, or just do the version with the jet engines

BTW only thing holding back the B-47 is the Chute and decals

as to the -97,  what are other differences besides jet engines?  if thats all then they can be removed via ini edit easy enough.  but if ealier versions didn't have say radars or other lumps and bumps then makes it abit more difficult (holes in the model).

as for which to make, i'll beat Dave to it and say make em all :biggrin: tho i do understand time and effort in

here is the difference   G - top  no jet engines but wing tanks   L- bottom   Je engines and some radar bulges

post-11906-0-49626600-1438123518_thumb.jpg

Oh MAN - Please make both! The 'G' as you already know was the work horse in the 50s & 60s for SAC until the KC-135 came along. The 'L' would be great for the 70s when the 97s were transferred to the ANG. I'm kind of biased for the 97L because both my Father & I were career members of the Utah ANG which operated both the KC-97L and KC-135A,E, & R. The 47 and hopefully both 97s are looking super.........Nice work, appreciate your time and efforts in these two SAC workhorses.

NIELS

• Like 1

ok on the diff's.  the chin was what had me worried,  the radar bulges shouldn't be a problem to ini remove depending on how you model it.  again  would like to see both,  but could change a later to an earlier via edits by what i see.  would just need a fuel tank  and could even possibly use a close one if the pylon disappears

well  need to move Refuel Sqns back of the back burner.  was looking on account of -135s but we'll need some ANG -97s soon.  what decal work is holding you up on the B-47?

ok on the diff's.  the chin was what had me worried,  the radar bulges shouldn't be a problem to ini remove depending on how you model it.  again  would like to see both,  but could change a later to an earlier via edits by what i see.  would just need a fuel tank  and could even possibly use a close one if the pylon disappears

well  need to move Refuel Sqns back of the back burner.  was looking on account of -135s but we'll need some ANG -97s soon.  what decal work is holding you up on the B-47?

proper squadron numbers  and SAC and USAF decals

post-11906-0-89583500-1438196217_thumb.jpg

• Like 3