Found a pic on a book with a polish navy MiG-21PFM carrying 4 Atoll missiles using dual launchers, also we all know the dual launchers for the R-60 as seen in the MiG-21Bis. But on my flyable MiG's I don't have such a loadout, it is already done or is not available?

The polish navy PFM:

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

And the 21Bis dual R60 launcher.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Both are available, the second one is available both as a stock weapon rack and as a third party one.

• Like 1

Both are available, the second one is available both as a stock weapon rack and as a third party one.

Do you remember wich pack has the third part launchers?

I installed it, but It does not appear to selection on my Fishbeds. No idea of what I'm doing wrong.

Hm, I need a lot more info to find out what the problem is.

Have you modified somehow the aircraft data.ini file?

My Monsun rail for the dual Atolls should be inside one of Gepard's MiG21 mod if I good remember.

If not let me know then I can upload it separately aside the future Ye8 as was made to be part of that.

Adding the entry 2IR on the weapon station on the proper plane I can get to load 4 Aphids, the Atolls are a no go, I can load single missile per rail but no 2 per rail, and no idea of why. I'm on SF2 Europe fully merged install with all titles and expansions, the data files were modified when I installed the proper cockpits to make the MiG's flyable.

Thanks guys for trying to help me, apreciatted!

Probably there is a weapon weight or length limit for the weapon rack to prevent large missile being loaded.

Svetlin are you sure you can load 2 Atolls per rail? If yes can you please post the data of your MiG-21PFM please?

did you edit the loadout ini, to add the racktype= and the number of missile to be loaded?

I'd suggest extracting the 21bs and 21bisB loadout inis; they both carry them stock

[AirToAir_73_Soviet]
StartDefaultDate=1973
DefaultFor=CAP,INTERCEPT
Nation=SOVIET
Loadout[01].WeaponType=AA-2D
Loadout[01].Quantity=1
Loadout[02].WeaponType=AA-2D
Loadout[02].Quantity=1
Loadout[03].WeaponType=AA-8B
Loadout[03].Quantity=2
Loadout[03].RackType=2IR_AA-8
Loadout[04].WeaponType=AA-8B
Loadout[04].Quantity=2
Loadout[04].RackType=2IR_AA-8
Loadout[05].WeaponType=Tank490_MiG21
Loadout[05].Quantity=1

did you edit the loadout ini, to add the racktype= and the number of missile to be loaded?

I'd suggest extracting the 21bs and 21bisB loadout inis; they both carry them stock

How can I know the name of the Atoll dual rack?

How can I know the name of the Atoll dual rack?

Seriously???

LOOK at the name listed in the loadout ini section I posted. That uses the stock 3W one; also visible in the stock 3W weapons data ini.

the ones found in the Gunny Pak are

APU-62L

APU-62R

Not the right one. Atolls don't fit.

Proper name is PBP-2-3S Monsun. Totally different non interchangeable dual rail.

This is my PBP-2-3S mod using the TW stock APU-60. Notice the gap..... A model of the actual proper rail would be nice to have.

post-38143-0-30877000-1432166676_thumb.jpg

PBP-2-3S.rar

that means the aircraft's rails may be incorrect.

--------

E German PFM, stock AA-8, stock dual rails

Took me 15 minutes -- 10 minutes longer than it should have, as I forgot to READ one line in the weapons data ini. And they fit right!

Also uses SF2 loadout date switch

Roger. Aphids fit all day. Atolls don't because the APU-60 II is for the Aphid only. Ha! Hence the need for proper Dual Atoll rail only used by Poland, DDR, and Syria and only on PFM. Check this out Kev....

8237.pdf

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

Cool!

now that we have the instructions, all we need is the (plastic) model!!! (don't suppose that could be attached as a pdf!!! LOL!!)

taking a closer look at your screenie, Jamie, it's only the missile out of position, and needs to be brought in a few cms. that can be set in the weapons (ok, rack's) data ini,. It that a stock 3w Aphid, or aftermarket?

Or, "nation specific" units could easily be created. Did you test with the APU-62s from the Gunny Pak? On those above, I just used the stock ones (both the rack and missile)

(oth, adding the necessary nations to the weapons data ini may be exceedingly cumbersome ... might be best left as WP, and just use ini switches in the data and loadout inis -- ie, nation specific loadouts.)

Right on it needs to be moved in. But, the fins rub on the missiles. That is the stock TW rail. The PFM never used Aphids. I know the instruction sheet is kinda silly but it clearly explains how the Monsun rail was constructed. Down load the rack I included, you will be crystal clear. Two pics of the real thing.

post-38143-0-27059600-1432173155.jpg

post-38143-0-56062700-1432173177.jpg

Kevin I don't have problems with the Aphids, I can load them without problem in dual rail, but Crazyhorse is right, the Atolls don't fit. It seems we need a new rack for them.

maybe we should hit up Ravenclaw for a set??  He IS the weapons 3d Master!! :biggrin:

There is no need to create an other one, as I said above.

Only have to add some lines and rivets to the skin an make a proper readme. I have the right positions and ini settings for PFM, MF/Bis outer launchers (even if these last 2 did not used  it in RL).

post-30564-0-58045200-1432190210_thumb.jpg

post-30564-0-61297900-1432190337_thumb.jpg

post-30564-0-50103700-1432190529_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Great job Logan! Will post the final version here once ready? Maybe is even possible to add it to the new weapon pack in the works.

yah baby!

somebody is cooking with gas!

looks damn near perfect, logan! Great work!!