Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

WW2 Palestine 2 Terrain (Full Scale) for SF2

WW2 Palestine 2 Terrain (Full Scale) for SF2

WW2 Palestine 2 Terrain (Full Scale) for SF2 5/1/2015

= For SF2, Any and All (Full 5 Merged RECCOMENDED!!!) =

**Note: This Is A WW2 Version -ONLY-!!!**

This is a (yet again??!!) another mod of Gepard's Israel 2 terrain. Like the "modern version", it's has been 90% retiled to more match the stock IsraelME and my "Eastern Med" terrains. However, the farm and city tiles remain in their original '3W Desert' style. All other tiles have been replaced. The target areas have, for the most part, been rebuilt, enhanced and expanded.
It is designed to be used =ONLY= in the WW2 MTO environment (read: an MTO centric mods folder). It may -NOT- be compatable with the DAT MTO All-Inclusive Mod. This has not been tested.

The addon terrain objects have been kept to a minimum (no, not really!). Stock in-game items have been used as much as possible, although some additional structrues HAVE been added. Add-on GroundObjects, while heavily listed in the _Types.ini, have been kept to as small an amount as possible (again, not really!).
I've included =SOME= of the Ground Objects needed but NOT all of them. Its up to the End User ™ to make sure that you have the theatre-specific (read: Allies & Axis) proper items. Of the ones included, many of these you should have from my other MTO terrains, some you may not. Some are even "new(ish)".

Geophysical Disclaimer: some rivers and other water features may not follow their Real Life ™ courses, be placed in their Real Life ™ locations, or exist at all. Several cities and other physical features and target areas will also fall into that classification. Some target areas (cities, etc) exist only as named places, even if they might have had strategic or tactical values (most don't!). Just someplace to fly over. Some airfields may actually be 'post-war', but have been left for game playability. And So Forth ™. Long loading times may also be experienced due to the number of objects being loaded.

When in game, you'll see:

"Palestine, WW2 (Full Scale)"

Limited Nations is set to TRUE, and only uses historical WW2 Nations (ie: no Americans). This will allow campaign builders to not only replicate the fighting against Vichy forces in the Levant & Syria, but allows a more 'what if..' situation, giving Italian and German forces a greater presence (they are listed in the Nations.ini). Like the modern version, this terrain is =NOT= carrier capable in =any= SF2 Environment; which is really sad! (see notes).

As always, unzip this to a temp folder or your desktop, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for it's instructions. It's reccomended (ie: REQUIRED!!!) you read the document through after unzipping, but =before= installing. As always, the Notes and Other Nonesense section may make for entertaining (and essential!) reading.

It's most important that the legal disclaimer at the bottom be read AND complied with. There has been a change in policy with regards to =ALL= my terrain mods.

Good Hunting, and Happy Landings!
Wrench
Kevin Stein

now you all know why I've been doing all those Vichy AdA birds based in Syria & the Levant!! :biggrin:

now you all know why I've been doing all those Vichy AdA birds based in Syria & the Levant!! :biggrin:

Hope you not quit. Bring us some more!!!

with so little data in the books I have, and on the web, it's kind of hard!

For the Farman 222, all I've been able to figure out is the fuselage roundel with the stripe -- that would be a GYNORMUS decal!! (mostly used a transports between France and the Levant)

I could possibly do some of the others, that wore the full stripes, as based in Tunisia. We'll see what happens

• Like 1