Sign in to follow this  
Tonyhawk1786

sleeping on the job

Well finally i got the damn game to work (pardon my language) and so i did a mission where i was flying strike with a flight of f-4e's under the single flight selection. So to test the new SAMs seeing as i've been smoked by the AAA alot already, i flew towards them, eventually the RWR was beeping like there was no tomorrow, i was hoping to see some smoke trails and missles soon...and as i flew towards them...they just aimed at me...never fired..? Any advice for getting shot, and is it a little odd to anyone else that the AAA in the game smokes a jet in the first few rounds that hit? I mean i dont even see it coming then bam fireball...maybe im used to Il-2 or is this happening to just me? Ohh well Happy flying

~aaron White :D

Aye, i've taken some nasty hits from AAA, got some screenies too, but usually their high rate of fire will rip you to shreads if you dont take evasive actions.

Lemme see some screenies of it Keller. I missed the one that ended up in the following. I was busy watching the effects of my dive bomb (after I pulled out and up) when, out of nowhere, a line of MG fire went straight down the length of my mule Pepe. Surprisingly, my radar still worked, although I had to put some left stick in to keep it level and limp it home. That flight crew brought their lucky rabbit's foot with them.

even though im not running SFP1 at what im used to, even scaled back settings, i did a night mission attacking some radar sites with a flight of 4 f-100s and i fired one Shrike and knocked out the radar truck, then went in for some AAA, and just for the heck of it dropped all 5 Napalm bombs at once....when they hit...tears filled my eyes...for i now am a believer in all that is good...i have seen the top of the mountain...and upon it...is Strike Fighters...god bless TK and his crew

Wow, nice screen shot, i wish i could tell wounded jet stories...instead my relatives are the only one's left to make up a good story as to why i died on a mission where i was supposed to be intercepting bombers...and for some reason led my flight astray to 'test' the SAM's and AAA's awareness...woops :roll:

haha, well i finally got that SAM i had been asking for

I was flying an A-4 on a SEAD mission, and i heard when i first started Missile launch. And i looked around...didnt see one....kept looking....gave up. So i went on and took out some Bar Sweep sites with my Shrikes and then bombed some of the AAA around it, then on my way out i exploded...i was puzzles and when i checked my plane's fireball on pause...I saw the smoke trail into it...guess i got what i wanted...i wish i knew where it came from...lol, anyway how can i aquire a canberra? Thanks

~aaron :o