Sign in to follow this  
Viper63a

SF2 F-111E Aardvarks USAF/E RAF Upper Heyford 20th TFW. The 55th, 77th and 79th TFS

SF2 F-111E Aardvarks USAF/E RAF Upper Heyford 20th TFW. The 55th, 77th and 79th TFS

SF2 F-111E Aardvarks USAF/E RAF Upper Heyford 20th TFW. The 55th, 77th and 79th TFS!
By Viper with INIs by Fanatic Modder

-------------------------------------------------------------

This mod was intended as an update to FastCargo's Super Vark Package (See link below), but it can be a standalone mod if you just want the USAF F-111s included in this pack. If you want to install both packs, FastCargo's pack must be installed first as that is the older pack.

You can get FastCargo's pack here...

http://combatace.com/files/file/10425-f-111-super-vark-pack-version-24/

What's included in this mod pack?

* F-111E Aardvarks from USAF/E RAF Upper Heyford 20th TFW. The 55th, 77th and 79th TFS!

http://combatace.com/files/file/15514-sf2-updated-f-111e-aardvarks-usafe-raf-upper-heyford-20th-tfw-the-55th-77th-and-79th-tfs/

Installation:

I recommend that you back up your mod folder (or just the Effects, \Objects\Aircraft\F-111E, and \Objects\Decals\F-111E folders). I just make a copy the mod folder, try the mod, if I like it, I delete the backup. If I don't, I delete the new/updated mod folder and rename the old backup/copy back to the original names to reset to my original setup.

* To install, simply unzip and copy the contents of the "To_Mod_Folder" folder (the uncompressed "Effects and Objects" folders only) to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder and Overwrite.

My StrikeFighter2 mod on Win97 64-bit was..(yours may be different)...

C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighter2 Europe\

Note: You should be able to install this mod into any SF2 series, it doesn't have to be StrikeFighter2 Europe.

* To remove, simply delete the active "Effects and Objects" folders and replace with the back up copies you made prior to the install.

Add F111 SoundList

Lastly, Read the "Add F111 SoundList.txt" readme file on updating your your "Flight\SoundList.ini" file with the custiom F-111 sound files included in this pack.

Thats it - Enjoy!

Please report any bugs or issues via the "Support Topic" link...

=Viper=

Credits:

If you're interested in some of the mods I referenced/used in my mod (can't say it's mine really, my contribution?)...here they are! Excellent mods all!

* FastCargo's Super Vark package 2.4 (SF2)

http://combatace.com/files/file/10425-f-111-super-vark-pack-version-24/

* Slick Cowboy's F-111_improvedskinpack 2.0 (SF2)

http://combatace.com/files/file/14798-f-111-improvedskinpack/

* Dave's EF-111A Version 2.0 (SF1)

http://combatace.com/topic/36438-ef-111a-version-20/

* LeL's F-111 TAC Pack (SF1)

http://combatace.com/topic/80711-f-111-tac-pack/

* Spinners [Fictional] General Dynamics F-111A 'Early TAC' Version 1

http://combatace.com/files/file/14574-fictional-general-dynamics-f-111a-early-tac/

* Hi Ho Silver - The Afterburner Mod v.1 (SF1/SF2)

http://combatace.com/files/file/15143-the-afterburner-mod/

* Florian - "AmokFloo" - Western Style Pilot Models (SF1/SF2)

http://combatace.com/files/file/6693-western-style-pilot-models/

F-111D Additions! Ravenclaw for the weapon models. dtmdragon the avionics, cockpit repaint, loadout.ini, what if AIM-7G, data.ini overhaul and repackaging with the updated skins. FANATIC MODDER and LeL helped with the data/loadout.ini information and testing.

Thank you all for your contributions!!

• Like 1

Is possible to make new cockpit for the diffrent F-111s versions ?

Take example from Justflight model for FSX ....

Hi Antares,

Great idea. I've seen other people do stuff with cockpits. I just started doing stuff with mods, baby steps for me still....

=Viper=

I did modify the cockpit panels to resemble the D, E and F.... if that helps?

• Like 1

Hey LeL, Thanks for the nudge!

Hey Antares, I used LeL's cockpit and data from the internet to update the WSO side of the cockpit. But, I couldn't figure out how to remove the WSO's radar hood for the F-111E...So, the F-111E cockpit looks like the F-111F, but at least it doesn't look like the F-111A. It's a start...another step...

=Viper=

Edited by viper63a

Viper, I've just noticed that you may have updated the skins by using an old version of Slick Cowboy's skinpack, or so it seems.  Not long ago he updated his skinpack (maybe re-download the package to see if there are any differences) to correct the nose section of the F-111s, in fact it is different than in yours F-111E/F.  Anyway I'm not criticizing, it's just that I'm a perfectionist and so happy to see old aircraft being re-worked for the better.

I noticed what you did to the cockpits, I've actually merged your new skin for the cockpit with an old reskin I've found here somewhere, as of now I failed to find the link.  If you want, I can send via PM the new textures so you can have a look at them.  Just let me know.  Moreover, there should be a way to remove some nodes in the .LOD model through some .ini edits, so we can remove the sight/hud from the 3d model to better represent the EF-111A cockpit.

Hi Blaze, I saw the updated skins. The main change seems to be a black/darker nose cone. I still haven't decided on using that. I like the lighter one for now. But who knows, maybe I will add that change....still thinking about it. Still working tweaking the F-111F (maybe the E) too. I might use the black nose for the E? Current tweaks include better turbine spin and inlet color...also, there was some color bleed in nose cone for the original, I fix all that and some other seam issues in the my upgraded versions.

=Viper=

The D cockpit is nice, I didn't even see that....lol. I will have to go back and look at the rest of your cockpits!

:)

=Viper=

I made some new cockpit textures, I've merged LeL's, Viper's, and another texture made by someone I don't remember.  If you guys want to have a look at them, I can send PMs to both of you.  Some details and the unuseful photos from LeL's textures are missing, all in all each cockpit is now different and better looking, but still not perfect.  I still have to rework the F-111A and other variants cockpits, but for now I've done the F-111D/E/F and the EF-111A

EDIT: BTW I've found the textures that I used to rework your pit skins, this is the link: http://combatace.com/files/file/11834-re-textured-f-111a-cockpit/

Anyway I have updated them with your changes, that pit repaint is for a generic F-111 cockpit

Edited by blaze95
  • Like 1

I made some new cockpit textures, I've merged LeL's, Viper's, and another texture made by someone I don't remember.  If you guys want to have a look at them, I can send PMs to both of you.  Some details and the unuseful photos from LeL's textures are missing, all in all each cockpit is now different and better looking, but still not perfect.  I still have to rework the F-111A and other variants cockpits, but for now I've done the F-111D/E/F and the EF-111A

EDIT: BTW I've found the textures that I used to rework your pit skins, this is the link: http://combatace.com/files/file/11834-re-textured-f-111a-cockpit/

Anyway I have updated them with your changes, that pit repaint is for a generic F-111 cockpit

Hey Blaze,

I would love to see them!

=Viper=

Hey Blaze,

I would love to see them!

=Viper=

Sure thing, then I'll try to send you via PM the new files in the next hours.  Check your inbox later.

Hey Viper, have you received my PM?  I've sent you the new cockpit textures.

Hi Blaze, yes. I thought I answered in the other post...I released a new cockpit, right side mostly. Redid all the knobs and button. It was already in the works...so released what I had done so far. My next one may be actual images from the F-111 cockpit mixed with yours (if that is ok?). I looked at your "used" cockpit, very cool, but I've not had a chance to test it out yet. However, I did see you cleaned up cockpit folder - very nice. I did use that. Also, I changed the nose cone in the F-111E to Cowboy's updated skin. Cowboy removed some detail in the black nose cone release and I liked some of the detail in his first release. So the new skins have the black nose cone only and all the detail from his first release. Also, I added more detail in the jet engine intake. Colored it grey, fixed the ram so the left and right matches (Olive drab/white into the intake). Also added a new turbine fan so it look more like the real thing. Right now, I am working with FM to change the data file to be more accurate to the F-111s...

Thanks!

=Viper=

Edited by viper63a

I didn't change the version numbers, but in the 06/30 upload, I upgraded the Desert Storm Aardvarks. I did some more tweaking on the other F-111s - cleaned up the skins and details. I also modified the pilot helmet and mask for the F-111Fs to look more modern. F-111s are one of the few SF2 ACs where you can see the co-pilots up close, so it had to look good. I am very happy with it. I hope you like it too. I've been using this pilot model for the other planes too...so I may release it as a mod of it's own. All credit to Florian - "AmokFloo" - I am using his/her LOD...I've seen other pilots and they look good, but none as good as Florian - "AmokFloo"s LOD. If you know of any other...Let me know...

Enjoy!

= Viper =

Uploaded 

• * Version 11 - 06/15/2016
  • 1) Dtmdragon's AN/ALQ-94 and AN/ALQ-137 Internal ECM is now standard for this mod pack.
  • 2) Corrected flight model for correct speeds and drag.
  • 3) New custom sound added.
  • ----------------------------

What's New in Version 12 (See full changelog)

----------------------------

1) Tweaked exhaust emitter.

2) Tweaked tail decals.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] McDonnell Douglas F-4M USAFE
      McDonnell Douglas F-4M (USAF) Phantom for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock F-4M_75 to give a fictional USAFE Phantom F-4M with markings for all three squadrons of the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing based at RAF Lakenheath during the mid 1970's.

BACKSTORY
      During late 1966 with the USA getting more and more embroiled in the Vietnam war it was decided to re-equip several USAFE units with the British licence-built F-4M so as to release older tactical aircraft such as the F-100D and F-105D for Vietnam where attrition was now a very serious issue. 
      McDonnell Douglas had already brought together a UK sub-contracting team consisting of BAC, Hawker Siddeley, Rolls-Royce (for the Spey turbofan engines) and Shorts with final assembly and flight testing being carried out at St. Louis but, with one eye on the European market, McDonnell Douglas moved final assembly to Brough (North Humberside) with flight testing at Holme on Spalding Moor. This decision came a bit late for the Royal Navy whose F-4K aircraft continued to be assembled and flight tested in the USA but all F-4M's were produced in the UK with all odd production numbers being allocated to the RAF and all even numbers to the USAFE with Lakenheath and Bitburg becoming the first USAFE wings to re-equip with the type.
      Entering service with the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing based at RAF Lakenheath in England in 1970 the F-4M's received a modest upgrade during 1973-1974 to emerge with the Marconi ARI18228 RWR mounted on the fintip and also gained 'slimer' formation-keeping strip lights. The USAF F-4M's had a relatively long career with USAFE and were eventually replaced by F-15E's during 1990 and just missed out on participation in Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-4M_74 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-4M_74 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 16th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 01/23/2010 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      McDonnell Douglas F-4M (USAF) Phantom for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock F-4M_75 to give a fictional USAFE Phantom F-4M with markings for all three squadrons of the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing based at RAF Lakenheath during the mid 1970's.

BACKSTORY
      During late 1966 with the USA getting more and more embroiled in the Vietnam war it was decided to re-equip several USAFE units with the British licence-built F-4M so as to release older tactical aircraft such as the F-100D and F-105D for Vietnam where attrition was now a very serious issue. 
      McDonnell Douglas had already brought together a UK sub-contracting team consisting of BAC, Hawker Siddeley, Rolls-Royce (for the Spey turbofan engines) and Shorts with final assembly and flight testing being carried out at St. Louis but, with one eye on the European market, McDonnell Douglas moved final assembly to Brough (North Humberside) with flight testing at Holme on Spalding Moor. This decision came a bit late for the Royal Navy whose F-4K aircraft continued to be assembled and flight tested in the USA but all F-4M's were produced in the UK with all odd production numbers being allocated to the RAF and all even numbers to the USAFE with Lakenheath and Bitburg becoming the first USAFE wings to re-equip with the type.
      Entering service with the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing based at RAF Lakenheath in England in 1970 the F-4M's received a modest upgrade during 1973-1974 to emerge with the Marconi ARI18228 RWR mounted on the fintip and also gained 'slimer' formation-keeping strip lights. The USAF F-4M's had a relatively long career with USAFE and were eventually replaced by F-15E's during 1990 and just missed out on participation in Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-4M_74 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-4M_74 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 16th, 2024.
    • By daddyairplanes

View File Bye Bye Bitburg! Last Years of the 36th FW in Germany
           Bye Bye Bitburg! Last Days of the 36th Fighter Wing in Germany
      This skin pack is to represent the 36th FW with its 22nd and 53rd Fighter Squadrons during Bitburgs last two years of operations. During this time the 36th still deployed to Aviano AB  in support of Operation Deny Flight, the no fly zone over the former Yugoslavia.
                  Included
      - 3 F-15C skins
      - 2 F-15D skins
      all as historically accurate as currently possible
              Installation
      first get the F-15C_91 aircraft, commonly found here

after you extract the F-15C_91 aircraft and put it into your aircraft folder
      alternately you can use the F-15C_91 from this mod without having to hunt for it

unzip this mod. open "To Mods" Folder. place contents into your chosen mods folder and allow overwrites    

Credits
      Viper63                      templates for their F-15 skins
      daddyairplanes        research, skin improvements, tga work

Thank you for downloading this mod and i hope you enjoy flying it as much as i did creating it
      Kevin Unruh
      aka daddyairplanes
      24 Dec 2023

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
      See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
      Submitter daddyairplanes Submitted 12/24/2023 Category F-15  
    • By daddyairplanes
           Bye Bye Bitburg! Last Days of the 36th Fighter Wing in Germany
      This skin pack is to represent the 36th FW with its 22nd and 53rd Fighter Squadrons during Bitburgs last two years of operations. During this time the 36th still deployed to Aviano AB  in support of Operation Deny Flight, the no fly zone over the former Yugoslavia.
                  Included
      - 3 F-15C skins
      - 2 F-15D skins
      all as historically accurate as currently possible
              Installation
      first get the F-15C_91 aircraft, commonly found here

after you extract the F-15C_91 aircraft and put it into your aircraft folder
      alternately you can use the F-15C_91 from this mod without having to hunt for it

unzip this mod. open "To Mods" Folder. place contents into your chosen mods folder and allow overwrites    

Credits
      Viper63                      templates for their F-15 skins
      daddyairplanes        research, skin improvements, tga work

Thank you for downloading this mod and i hope you enjoy flying it as much as i did creating it
      Kevin Unruh
      aka daddyairplanes
      24 Dec 2023

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
      See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
    • By Viper63a

View File F-15CD USAF Templates (Viper63a Modded)
      F-15CD USAF Templates (Viper63a Modded)
      This is a folder dump of my F-15 C & D USAF Skin Templates...
      This is merely my addition to the already existing and excellent skins in CombatAce...
      Thank you, 
      Viper
      Credits: 
      The Mudhen Maintenance Team 2016
      Viper63a - Upgraded Skins, Decals, Cockpit and Menu Screens.
      Spudknocker - Upgraded Flight Model and Weapons Loadout.
      Fanatic Modder - Upgraded Flight Model and Engine Emitters.
      Crusader - Upgraded and added 2012 FM and Cockpits to pack!
      RavenClaw_007 - Freaking insane Weapons and Ejection Seats! 
      JAT81500 - For the excellent Florian Pilot upgrades!
      Hi Ho Silvers - AfterBurner Mod.
      Nengajyou Aki -JASDF Serial Decals.
      Stick - Beta testing and assistance with FM - THANK YOU!
      April 2016
      Salute to the 2010 F-15 Super Pack Team for the original
      F-15 Super Pack!
      TK - For the ThirdWire series of sims.
      The Mirage Factory - For the nice F-15D MSIP aircraft...in particular Flying Toaster, wpnssgt, and Dave for making the F-15 MAX files available for me to play with.
      Kei Nagase - For the awesome skins for the F-15 ACTIVE.
      AleDucat - For the nice ACES II ejection seat models.
      Deuces - For the F-15 Afterburner and weapon effects.
      Diego - For the Modern USAF Pilot skins.
      Fubar512 - For the FM work.
      JimmyBib - For the F-15C cockpit flight control textures.
      MoonJumper - Avionics work.
      Sundowner - Textures.
      USAFMTL/Dave - Decals.
      Wpnssgt - Models, Textures.
      Kesselburt - Original F-15C cockpit.
      Kout - Loading and Hanger Screens.
      Kct - Textures and decals for the F-15SG.
      Brain32 - Improved/new textures for F-15C cockpit.
      Mago - F-15E Cockpit.
      331KillerBee - SF2 Weapons Pack (basis for some of the weapons included).
      Lexx Luthor - Siberian Sky Experimental 3-D Rocket Exhaust
      JAT81500 - F-15E Cockpit avionics and HUD work.
      To my fellows at Combatace for helping me beta test and work out bugs.
      Any errors or mistakes are entirely mine.
      FastCargo - 12 Jan 10
      Thank you, 
      Viper
      Submitter Viper63a Submitted 11/16/2023 Category Skin Templates  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..