Sign in to follow this  
sixstrings

FS-WWI info

Does anyone here know about FS-WWI ? It's a add-on that looks very interesting with a large amount of aircraft ,flight modling and more,plus it's FREE. You can still get SDOE ,(screaming demons over europe), at Amazon for cheap,(this is the the core game for the add-on). Currently running a XP rig (upgraded with 4 gigs of ram,Nvidea GTX 2 gig video card,Pentium 4 cpu...) and hope the ol'e modded Dell can handle it. Will self-build a new Win.7 64 bit high-end rig by the end summer/early fall. The new rig will be able to handle any CFS ie. (WOFF,RoF,SF2 series,DCS series...), out now and the foreseeable future. Thanks for any help to see if this sim is worth the time are not.

Howdy sir!

You can in fact try out FS-WWI totally for free without having to purchase the SDOE CD.

Go here: http://www.fsww1.com/

Check out Install Option 3 down the page, do all of that then apply this patch: http://www.fsww1.com/Downloads/FSWW1_PATCH_1.6.0.7_PRE_RELEASE.zip

That should get you up and going on Win XP and Win 7 64-bit. If you have any questions let me know, I helped develop a large part of FS-WWI over many years. By today's standards the graphics are dated, but it's still a fun combat sim. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the information Buddy . Will give it a try.

Tried to download FS-WWI Plane Pack all in one at the recommended DBmod site,quite a few times, but all i get are incomplete/broken downloads.Tried different mirror options but i get the same thing. Is there another site/torrent i can download  from or can someone mail me a CD/DVD-(i'll pay shipping and handling). Note-i was logged in at DBmod while downloading too. Any help would be appreciated , Thanks.

Check my response to your private message. :)