I'm flying FE2 and Stephen FE Gold, so I'm sure there's something wrong in your install.

Do you have this line in your Morane Data.ini? ServiceStartYear=08/01/1914

And these in the Options.ini file For example mine reads now like this:

[singleMission]
AircraftType=SopwithTabloidEarly
Service=RAF
MissionMap=WWIVERDUN
MissionType=RECON
MissionTime=RANDOM
MissionWeather=BROKEN
AirActivity=RANDOM
AirDefenseActivity=RANDOM
LoadMission=FALSE
LoadMissionFilename=C:\Users\oscar\Saved Games\ThirdWire\FirstEagles2\Missions\FOKKERD7F_VS_SE5A_(1V1).MSN
MissionDate=08/01/1914
StartYear=0
EndYear=0

Edited by ojcar

Do you have an enemy plane with an early enough start date? The game won't assign a mission to the MS-H if there are no planes to oppose it?

I'd really like to see some flying boats. 

- Felixstowe F.2/F.3/F.5

- Curtiss H

- Macchi M.5

- Lohner E/L/T

• Like 1

Do you have an enemy plane with an early enough start date? The game won't assign a mission to the MS-H if there are no planes to oppose it?

Thank you once again Ojcar and Stephen for the helpful feedback. Have now found out where the problem was. I was testing the MS H in my Palestinian front install, where for some reason nothing before Jan. 1915 is recognized. Once I placed the Morane Saulnier H in my Western front install, everything was fine and I can start at Aug. 1914. The only code needed for it to show up at the chosen date is "ServiceStartDate" in the plane's data ini file (there was no need for me to tweak the Options.ini file). Very interesting stuff. Probably the files in the Palestinian theatre install limit things to aircraft start dates of no earlier than Jan. of '15.

Happy flying,

Von S

A quick follow-up that the Saulnier H data file (for Aug. 1914) works fine in the Eastern (Galician) front theatre and also in the Italian front folder, and in the Western front theatres. It's then likely that something in the Palestinian install limits dates of action to no earlier than Jan. 1915 - historically that's when an Ottoman attempt to raid the Suez Canal began and kicked off the Palestine campaign of WWI. Nice to see historical dates being incorporated into the game.

Von S

I already am developing aircraft for FlightGear, FS-WWI and I have a backlog of older models from FlightGear, FS-WWI, and Targetware that I night be able to share. the list includes:

Morane Saulnier BB and L-fighter

Farman MF-11 in both 8C and 12 C engine versions

Farman MF-7

Farman F40

Nieuport N12

Fokker E-I and M-10

AVRO 504

Voisin LA3

Halberstadt CL-II, D-II

Albatros C-I, C-III and DI

RAF FE4

t8321535-163-thumb-fgfs-screen-021.jpg?d

t8393901-66-thumb-fg0179.jpg?d=144660050

t8395465-61-thumb-fg0188.jpg?d=144666053

t8215917-67-thumb-fgfs-screen-004.jpg?d=

t8536538-17-thumb-fg0238.jpg?d=145084804

t8137659-89-thumb-fg0052.jpg?d=143921791

I also have quite a few prewar pioneers.

Cheers

Lewis

• Like 2

Yes! Thank you Lewis.

We would be happy to have any planes that you are willing to share. There are several in your list that we don't have yet, and I don't see a problem with having multiple versions of the same plane.

• Like 2

Halberstadt D-II you say? Very interesting. And where can we see it?

Sounds good, only one problem is that I model in MetasequoiaLE with an export to AC3D, so the models are in .ac format.  I'm not sure what 3D form you folks use, it seems to be called a .lod but has no relation to the intermediate .lod used by FS-WWI.   I have a few export options using Blender.

Halberstadt D-II you say? Very interesting. And where can we see it?

Does this work?  a8134684-221-fg0062.jpg

• Like 1

OK what I'm noticing is about the exporter is, this is a plug-in for Studio Max?  It's not a stand-alone .exe for Windows? Correct?

I don't have Studio Max.

Yes, it's a plug-in for 3D Studio, not a stand alone. As I said, there may be other utilities out there, but I don't know what they are.

You might try asking on the Strike Fighter forum, it uses the same game engine as First Eagles so importing planes will be the same.

Edited by Stephen1918

like SF1/SF2, FE uses studio max to create the finished file (LOD). Other's have used other programs, like blender, but then THAT file has to be imported into MAX for "finalization" (for lack of a better term), and exportation into the LOD format the game uses.

OK, sounds like I'm not going to be able to do this after all.

Hello gents,

Thought I'd post my question here since there's no specific thread for it and lots of people seem to be reading this one. The mid-wing monoplane Pfalzes (E.I, E.IV, and E.V), when they land, or if they are initially on the ground, can't take off - it's almost as if their tail skids get "stuck" in the ground and no amount of power will release them. I've fiddled with the data ini settings several times regarding this problem but it is still there - and was also present even before I started tweaking the data inis. Everything else about the planes is fine, but they still seem to get "stuck" to the ground upon landing - very odd. The parasol-type fighters, such as the Pfalz E.III - do not have this problem by the way - and neither do any other planes in the game (the Fokker Eindeckers are free of this problem too, as are the Morane Saulnier monoplanes). If anybody has any thoughts on this let me know here or PM me on the site - maybe there's a data oddity in the date ini files for the Pfalz E.I, IV, and V, regarding tail skids, that I've overlooked. (I'm running First Eagles 2 by the way.)

Happy flying,

Von S

These are what I'm using now for Armchair Aces (well the EV isn't in Armchair Aces, because I think it wasn't used operationally). The EII uses the EI LODS

Pfalz FMs.zip

Edited by ojcar

Does this work? 

It seems that your Halberstadt D.II looks better than the one that already exists in the game. Of course, make it, if you have time. Your other work would also be interesting.

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 1

Sorry for people wo has downloaded the PfalzFMs.zip file. I wasn't the correct file. I have updated it. Download it again, please!!!

Thank you for this Ojcar: will test those alternative FMs for the Pfalzes and will see if I can integrate some of the code into the FMs I use, to "unstick" my Pfalzes from the ground.

Von S

It seems that your Halberstadt D.II looks better than the one that already exists in the game. Of course, make it, if you have time. Your other work would also be interesting.

Yeah  that would be a problem with 3DS Studio needing 64 bit OS since I'm on XP.    Also would have to be a freeware copy of 3DS studio.

Yeah  that would be a problem with 3DS Studio needing 64 bit OS since I'm on XP.    Also would have to be a freeware copy of 3DS studio.

My copy of 3dsMax R9 32-bit originally ran in WinXP, and now runs in Win7, so it looks like only the latest editions of Max require 64-bit. 

Also note that only the most recent editions of Max are backwards compatible with models made in earlier editions of Max.  You can work around this to some extent by importing/exporting models in .3ds format (instead of .max format). 

There are several versions of TW exporters, compatible with several editions of Max, but only the Max 2009 exporter handles bump maps or specular maps.

Found this for free 3dsmax - haven't tried it so I don't know if it works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shxD2-T_YYs

EDIT:  Found this for 32-bit Max R9 (Win XP compatible)

http://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Windows-PC/Autodesk-3ds-Max-9-32-bit-FREE.html

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 2

I understand you. I have a similar problem. I got hold of a DVD with the program Autodesk 3DS Max 2010. But the trouble is that for this version of the program there is no TW exporter... :cry:

I understand you. I have a similar problem. I got hold of a DVD with the program Autodesk 3DS Max 2010. But the trouble is that for this version of the program there is no TW exporter... :cry:

This is the version of Max that I use - it and Max 2009 have TW export modules.

http://en.freedownlo...2-bit-FREE.html

Thank you, Geezer! But in this case my situation is hopeless. Even download 100 MB - is a problem for me. I have a very slow internet now .