Sign in to follow this  
Dave

New Video Card and Other Stuff

If you have a chance to get one of these and you ARE NOT 4k gaming, then this is the card to have. I can run Crysis 3 on max settings at 5760x1080 (3-27in monitors) and my FPS is in the 60's. SF2 at the same resolution settings on unlimited using any of Stary's high res terrains/effects and FPS in the 50's.

11430164_385571131645341_3174435025249421936_n.jpg

Now I know I haven't been around much. It's summer and I have been outside at much a possible. Just enjoying the weather since the bullshit of a winter we had. I got the top and doors off the Jeep and spend a lot of time on the back roads and trails. Also the twins keep me busy on the weekends. They love riding in the Jeep so we go do whatever we can, when we can.

• Like 4

Sounds like you are enjoying life !

Continue, move along!

• Like 1

Nice, sounds like good times. Think I'm gonna need to get one of those in the fall, or a 980, because of the Oculus Rift system reqs and my video card is not up to snuff. I am going to do it right, to hell with cost. Anyways, summer is great and if you live somewhere where it's short and sweet like here, do get the most out of it!

Yeah NVIDIA's last two generation of cards have been the tops. I am still running an 770 GTX on an old MB with DDR2 and have no problems with any of the games I play (Battlefield 3, Lockon/DCS 3, and War Thunder.) Run them all at max settings and my FPS always stay between 30-50. I also do a lot of HD video rendering, recording, and saving. DCS gets choppy once I pile on the units (more than 20) but for the most part I have been happy.

I may upgrade soon as this AMD six core seems to running at peak now days, plus I need to cross over into the new generation of memory.

Edited by ironroad

I upgraded from the GTX 770 and gave it to my son. This upgraded his GTX 650ti. If you are getting a 4K monitor, then the extra $175 for a 980 is not worth it. It may give you 10-15 more FPS but then you just paid $175 for just that. The GTX 980 is and 980ti are really meant for the new 4k monitors. SO the bang for your buck is with the GTX 970. 

I have a 770 and I would've gone to the 970 already if not for buying the new house, which we move into next month once the final construction walkthroughs are done and we close.

Once we sell the old house, we'll hopefully have several thousand extra left over with which I can swing a few hundred for a 970. :grin:

I'm also still running an I7-2600k and think it's about time to upgrade that too.

• Like 1

My water cooled twin GTX680's still run like a charm.

• Like 1

My water cooled twin GTX680's still run like a charm.

Oh yeah man, you are good to go for sometime to come. 

• Like 1