Starting a new campaign in SF2NA - Black Sea Crisis, this is the way the F-16C Blk 50 appears.

The skin is 77th FS. I opened it in Photoshop and compared to other skins that works, but I wasn't able to find relevant differences. Maybe something in the .ini files?

Thanks in advance

post-58103-0-30540400-1434700892_thumb.jpg

Have you tried to use that skin a single (not so full populated) mission?

no, but I've noticed that this problem happen randomly: sometimes yes, sometimes not.

and it seems to me it happens only with the F-16C at daytime...

Edited by citizen67

Have you altered or changed anything at all with regard to the skin itself, or the name of the skin or the name of the skin folder. I have done that before and got exactly what you got there - black fuselage. But his doesn't happen all the time.

Have you altered or changed anything at all with regard to the skin itself, or the name of the skin or the name of the skin folder. I have done that before and got exactly what you got there - black fuselage. But his doesn't happen all the time.

Occasionally, I've had similar results - black airplane parts - and Rusty has identified the cause.  It usually happens when there is a disconnect of some kind with the skin art: different file names for the art or different folder names containing the art.

No, I haven't altered anything. I've opened a few skins in Photoshop to look if there were difference between the ones working and the ones don't (things like 8bit vs. 16bit, RGB vs CMYK), and I closed without saving. The skins are in JPG format, not BMP. Maybe, as Geezer said, there is a disconnection in the file path. In which file I can take a look to check the file names/file path?

citizen67:

The main texture file for those F-16 skins is a 4096x4096 graphic, which is large. You might try using a reduced size version. See the attached, which is 2048x2048.

Eric Howes

77FS.zip

Hi eburger68,

I will try installing your version, thanks.

citizen67:

The main texture file for those F-16 skins is a 4096x4096 graphic, which is large. You might try using a reduced size version. See the attached, which is 2048x2048.

Eric Howes

attachicon.gif77FS.zip

Nail on the head! I had this same problem, it happened randomly and this was the cause. I went through and scaled EVERY viper body skin down by 50% And yes it takes ages! lol

• Like 1