Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Having issues with SF2NA and new computer

I´ve been trying to get the game to work on my new laptop, but i´m having issues with DLCs not finding the proper folder even if i browse them while on install and i keep having isues with key mapping (more precisely, it does recognize the proper keys, but somehow refuses to shoot, either with joystick or keyboard buttons assigned). I don´t know how much of it is related to it being windows 8, any clue on that? I´ve been searching but i find nothing quite like that particular issue in the forums

Win 8 or 8.1? And do you have the time to get tge Win Tech Preview?

did you download and/or install an AircraftObject ini?  sometimes they also mess with the controls.

DLCs should install right the to 'core files', as they add to the CATs, and create their own sub-folder for themselves.

After that, each game will need to be run, so they install to each mods folder.

At least, in Winge7, that's how it work. Hopefully, Winge8 hasn't changed things!!

Well, most of time DLCs installing are interrupted by a message claiming that Strike fighters 2 could not be found in the folder and suggested me to use the browse function..., however DLC23, the F-4N, installed without issue, only that it doesn´t appear in the aircraft selection menu.

I haven't installed any aircraft object ini, it is all vanilla except for trying to get some DLCs working. 

Where did you install it?

Any change if you run the game as admin (right click on the icon)

Real shame I missed win 8   :biggrin:

• Like 1

Nope, I guess i'll go back to square one and do everything again to see how can i get it to work

skip this Win 8 tomfoolery and sign up for the Insider Program/ Tech Preview.  if you don't go that route you should be able to upgrade anyhow next month

Will do about Win10, so far i´ve been able to install F-4N and fly it, and the issue with the buttons was solved with some ini fiddling...slowly back to work