Do335

Anyone bought the Mig-15 module?

Is there an option to change gun convergence settings?

I'm curious if the real thing has the 3 guns fixed in parallel for easy maintenance or can be tuned to converge.

Bought yes - no time to install and use it yet!

I'm in the same boat, it was gifted to me but I haven't taken it out yet as the Hogs are keeping me busy, along with the Hawk.

eh yehh. It's not that popular a jet. Info is relatively scarce or untranslated. But have found a hint in the manual so will settle for that.

I have flown the MiG-15bis a fair amount of time. But I haven't looked into gun convergence. I use the 23mms to sight the target, and usually score a kill using them... but follow up with the 37mm if the target lives long enough. I have a habit of getting fairly close before shooting consistent with advice from Eric Hartmann: fill the windscreen with the target :)

• Like 1

with advice from Eric Hartmann: fill the windscreen with the target :)

I usually follow it too with a caveat. I then proceed to ram it.

:D

• Like 1

I have flown the MiG-15bis a fair amount of time. But I haven't looked into gun convergence. I use the 23mms to sight the target, and usually score a kill using them... but follow up with the 37mm if the target lives long enough. I have a habit of getting fairly close before shooting consistent with advice from Eric Hartmann: fill the windscreen with the target :)

Some US pilots who were fired upon by a Mig15 told that on some occasions, the 37 mm ammo passed above them and the 23 mm shells below them

eh yeah regarding gun convergence (something i picked up while browsing CloD foras as they're quite hardcore about it there)

There're 2 convergence settings. One is vertical convergence, the other is horizontal. Below in the pic, the Bf109 has vertical convergence set at 400m; horizontal convergence set at 200m. Note the "zero" line (base line) is pilot's gunsight LOS.

Obviously there's some math required for this (or I guess a lot of shooting test)....

convergence_explanation_zpsabmkhhk7.jpg

Some US pilots who were fired upon by a Mig15 told that on some occasions, the 37 mm ammo passed above them and the 23 mm shells below them

Edited by Do335

At very close ranges, the convergence/divergence is the spacing between the gun barrels ;)

Per the above images, even with very exaggerated convergence angles, anything range closer than the convergence point has to be somewhere between the barrel spacing and convergence.

At the same time, the apparent size of the target in terms of field of view always increases as you get closer.

The problems with close-in shooting are: 1) safely getting into position without a collision or overshoot, 2) avoiding debris upon scoring hits on the target.