alex2000

Why the gregarious aircrafts don't fire?

Hi friends

I would submit you the following question:

why in a mission who involves a group of two or more aircraft only the man-controlled aircraft can fire or drop bombs against the enemy?

thanks

Alex from Leghorn (Italy)

I have noticed this also. In a 4-ship flight, the #4 man will not fire until 2 and 3 are dead. Is there any work around for this?

Well you need to tell em what they should do. (Wingman - attack my target, Flights 1 or 2 attack ground or attack air)

Edited by 7eleven

I have noticed this also. In a 4-ship flight, the #4 man will not fire until 2 and 3 are dead. Is there any work around for this?

Yep No.4 guy is generally out of player control... he will engage if the AI deems fit but no way to directly order him.

I think his job is mostly to protect No.3.

Edited by Do335

Yup. No. 4 is mostly Back up for their 2 ship. he'll support no.3 And take its place if no 3 either runs out of ammo or dead will take his place. (on the F-14 Atleast) If no 3 runs out of 54's and sparrows  and you have locked bandits on radar for more than 50 nm, no 4 as long as he is in formation will engage in place of no 3. No 2 is your wing man so you can tell him to do whatever you want. 2-1 to 2-4 and so on are lead by the by the 2-1 so you can only order the lead.