Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Jet fuel Vs Diesel Vs Gasoline - how they burn..........

Edited by MigBuster
  • Like 4

everyone knows that gasoline tastes better, too.  :biggrin: (don't make me tell the story of the diesel tacos....)

everyone knows that gasoline tastes better, too.  :biggrin: (don't make me tell the story of the diesel tacos....)

Really Wrench. ... You're going to leave us hanging like that :biggrin:

I fondly recall driving to a small local airport during the early 1980s, and purchasing 5 gallons of leaded avgas to use in my high-compression muscle car during late 1979 and early 1980, when they stopped producing leaded premium (and before the advent of unleaded premium).  

5 gallons of 105-octane avgas mixed with 10 gallons of 87 octane unleaded used to produce a 95+ octane fuel, one that had just enough lead content to lubricate the exhaust valves on my 1970 AMX. It also had the benefit of  having enough octane to satisfy that cars 10,5:1 compression ratio engine, without resorting to shortening the ignition advance curve. Of course, this was in the days before electronic engine controls...

And, Kerosene, diesel, and jet fuel burn quite nicely when the volume of air exceeds the volume of fuel.  Try laying some down on the pavement, and lighting it with an intense flame, and you'll see what I mean.  I am all too familiar with the combustion properties of diesel fuel.  :biggrin:   

Also, "Jet-A" burns quite well in a diesel engine, though it lacks the lubricating properties of diesel fuel, so you may score your injectors if you run it for too long a period "straight" from the pump. Mixing in a few gallons of diesel, or even a few quarts of castor oil, helps.

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 1

Thank god he did not spill, splash, or drop any of that $h!t!

He would have gone up quicker than Richard Pryor.

(NSFW explicit language) Edited by ironroad