Sign in to follow this  
greyhawk

aircraft in saved games

I actually have 2 questions. Are the aircraft in saved games only flyable? IE could I get rid of aircraft that I dont use to save space?

question 2 is if i wanted to split my sf2 Northatlantic for different campains, missions, etc. how would I go about doing that?

In a stock unmodded game, there is NOTHING in ANY aircraft (or ground object) folder except the main ini (example: F-4E.ini) . So, deleting those folders, other than for the creation of an era specific install, saves almost nothing. 

To split NA, all one needs to is the same steps as creating an era specific install. Copy/paste the exe up and down in the core files install, rename it whatever fits, run it to create mods folder, create shortcut, and build from there.

This has been covered many times...

so you are telling me it is ok to delete the aircraft folders that I do not use right.