Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Fire Bombing

The funny thing is, i´m a paratrooper. And it was cool when i left for summer leave, because i wouldn´t get anywhere close to a freaking air force plane trying to kill me for a month (you know, now it is kind of funny i thought C-130s were cool before i jumped from them) So i was in the beach a couple of weeks ago in my awesome tire shaped float taking a nap when one of these crappers pulled a "Penny Benjamin" on me to load water. I almost effing drowned and shat myself, much to the amusement of bywatchers. 

Edited by macelena
  • Like 3

Nice video migbuster , thanks for share with us .

Cheers friend

Always impressive to see these CL-415T in action (and sometimes the old CL-215). I'm from Sept-Îles (Québec) and had the ''chance'' to see them in action over my town a few times. Last summer, they were taking water from the river not very far from my house and they were approching the river with my house as a reference point. The sound they make when flying overhead at about 400 feet (can't tell you the eyes of my 1-1/2 year son when he saw them)...

Also, there was a fire near town in 2013, i invite you to go see the following link :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZ4bWxa3p4

It's great to see them in action, but not so great when you know why.

Edited by 1977Frenchie

cool videos!!

aircraft firefighting is quite the field!  Watching the L1011 dropping on a live fire a few years ago was quite exciting too.