Been flying the KAW Campaign, and I was wondering if there's an Thunderjet cockpit floating around somewhere.  For some reason I thought there was.

Then again I may be thinking of Il-2:1946.

Or imagining the whole thing.

Age does that.

There are unreleased pits by Brain32 from MigAlley team.

E

post-14500-0-67760500-1438003795_thumb.jpg

post-14500-0-04243400-1438003811_thumb.jpg

post-14500-0-99578700-1438003825_thumb.jpg

G

post-14500-0-88052700-1438003843_thumb.jpg

post-14500-0-59307800-1438003863_thumb.jpg

Also new Thunderjets...

post-14500-0-06493200-1438006670_thumb.jpg

post-14500-0-57320300-1438006706_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Completely agree. Please release it. A beautiful model like that shouldn't be kept on a shelf.

Oh! Really beautiful!!! :clapping:  

The new F-84 models are excellent... :good:

WOW - Looks fantastic!...........Do the JATO bottles work? If so waht a great addition to the series.

It looks to be a Stary´s pit and just like the F7F Tigercat one yet to be posted... if ever.

WOW - Looks fantastic!...........Do the JATO bottles work? If so waht a great addition to the series.

Not really. It's a fake method. JATO is like an afterburner, and bottles disappear after flaps retract.

It looks to be a Stary´s pit and just like the F7F Tigercat one yet to be posted... if ever.

Pit was created by Flakiten and modded by Brain32. (I think Brain has improved the G pit)

• Like 3

Hopefully we will ressurect this...keep watching this space :biggrin: 

Edited by russouk2004

Not really. It's a fake method. JATO is like an afterburner, and bottles disappear after flaps retract.

Pit was created by Flakiten and modded by Brain32. (I think Brain has improved the G pit)

Still a cool 'fake' method as long as it gives you a boost on take off with a heavy load.

Hopefully we will ressurect this...

Totally agree... :good:

still remember how long i worked on the templates...

I am still around doh! The Tigercat ones will be ready whn ready Wilches, I am busy with other stuff now

the fact that cockpit looks almost complete on screen from modder doesn't show some utterly annoying bugs the cockpit might have, simple as that

as for F-84 pits, yeah Brain32 has them, so do I but I can't say who has working version as I have only the max files and textures I think

edit; for clarification: Flakiten did the cockpits for Il2 histomod and Brain32 improved G I think plus made them SF2 compatible

Edited by Stary
  • Like 1

If we can get the max files we can smooth out the frames a tad..

• Like 1

I am working on them guys, be patient

Given I see no point holding these close to my chest anymore here they are -feel free to say big thank you to Flakiten for making and Brain32 for converting from Il2 and you can also pat me on the back for extra work if you don't mind. Had to redo the canopies from scratch, upscale the pits by 50% to match the properly scaled side drawings as were too small, update or redo some textures, redo some mapping etc, still have some issues with those

F-84E cockpit beta 0.9.ZIP

F-84G_new cockpit beta 0.9.zip

That said I must say those are functional "90% ok" versions, still have TODO:
-more accurate instruments placements (Flakiten's versions differ not a slightest bit between "G" and "E")

-working target distance dials on A-1 sights

-target lock light for "E"

-add cockpits light lamps meshes under the canopy system rails

-find good info on the lower central panel

-some minor tweaks here and there

-realise it's 2016 and that stock F-84F would surely use proper version based on these dammit

but otherwise these do work so give them a try -I am getting really bored with this whole abandoned piece of incompetent management called SF2 series (that would be my "with love" towards TK not our community, chill guys)

• Like 5

Wow Stary... this mod really has my attention because of the fact that I never really went to the trouble to get the jets stuff up and running in IL2---which im kinda over...I pretty sure I have what I need to put together an install, and I read the readme---but how hard was it really to get up and running? (im alittle dense) lol

can't say I understand you clearly

Well I tried thismorning and im getting ctd---so ill try again tonight...bummer

in SF2 right? Because these won't work in Series 1. Have you properly added these cockpits to the particular aircrafts? The "G" is for the new KAW "G" model, be sure to have it too

Stary...I bonked on 1 of the steps---but it now works great and is much to awesome for words...as a KW noob can you suggest which 84 to start with, and in which campaign?

I like nape as well as a to a... (might not mess with the pits till I get my feet wet)

Edited by Tappedops

can't say which one is the best suited, personal preferences have a role here

Wilco...ill just start at the top---KAW w the "E"... Thanks for turning us on to this Sweet mod and the pits...