Viper63a

Anyone tried StrikeFighters 2 with Windows 10?

Because I have a CD for SFP1 and it doesn't need interwebs authentication I'm (trying) to install it onto the Win 10 Laptop...  Film at 11:00...  BTW Ed, I BARELY made it out of Newark yesterday!  We maintained an altitude of 8k  :blink:  to keep away from the weather. 

Well, I'm here to report that, SFP1 works just fine on Win 10 w/ CH Products/CM v4.55.

BTW Ed, I BARELY made it out of Newark yesterday!  We maintained an altitude of 8k  :blink:  to keep away from the weather. 

Around 1-2 PM, we had a front come through that would have impressed Cecil B. Demille. I half expected to see some guy wearing a robe and carrying a staff, looking for tall rock to stand on while parting the Atlantic.

Edited by Fubar512

I installed Win10 3 weeks ago and SF2 worked right away without any problem (like everything on my PC except Kaspersky that i need to get the 2016 install file because the one i had was not supported, ran that and everything was up to normal when compared to my Win8.1.

To ONLY thing i noticed Under Win10 versus Win8.1 in SF2 is the FPS that seems to be a little lower, but not that much. Besides that, no bug, no CTD, no Nvidia freeze.

Well....call me an idiot, but I just started the reversal process to go back to Windows 7....CH products are still losing game mapping and I don't want to wait for a fix. Besides, Windows 7 never gave me these problems...Glad it's working for you all...

:(

=V=

Yeah, I bailed on Windows 10. I didn't want to deal with the weirdness with my controllers. Back to Windows 7 and everything is back to normal. I had to reload some stuff, but it seems to be the way I had it before. A bummer, Windows 10 seems impressive and my little issue seems to be localized to me...

=V=

Edited by viper63a
  • Like 1

Thanks every one for the feed back on the 3d pro.  I have been working away and now I am back and I will give window's 10 another shot.:)

It seems I've just fixed the problem. It looks like the culprits were the latest Nvidia drivers 355.60 (which I installed a couple days ago). Reverting back to 353.62 fixed it so far.

Hi all, I'm experiencing the same issues others have described right after updating NVidia drivers to version 355.60. Short of downgrading to 353.62, has anyone found out another solution to the graphical glitches?

Thanks,

Any detail on the glitches in particular?

Are you running a modded install?

I went even further back - the FPS was also poor in SF2 & DCS with the later drivers so was happy to ditch them.

I have put a post on the Forums and TK did post that he was installing Win 10 a while back so he might release a patch (never know). Hopefully any patch wont turn SF2 into the tablet version of course  :beee:

Thanks MigBuster,

I think I'm experiencing the same glitches that were described by stuntman and viper63a earlier in this thread - flickering models, parts of terrain dissapearing for a while, and some plane parts "exploding out", especially in external views. These glitches are particularly noticeable just after loading and starting a mission, it tends to go away 1-2 minutes after starting to fly. I'll try to attach some screenshots showing the problem.

Yes, I have a modded install, I have Stary's mod for terrain.

Thanks MigBuster,

I think I'm experiencing the same glitches that were described by stuntman and viper63a earlier in this thread - flickering models, parts of terrain dissapearing for a while, and some plane parts "exploding out", especially in external views. These glitches are particularly noticeable just after loading and starting a mission, it tends to go away 1-2 minutes after starting to fly. I'll try to attach some screenshots showing the problem.

Yes, I have a modded install, I have Stary's mod for terrain.

Sounds like the very same ones i had. Reverting to old drivers fixed it on my rig.

I may have found a driver messing up my CH controllers...trying Win10 again...will see...

So, I reinstalled Win10. Removed/uninstalled all the drivers and let Win10 rediscover them. No joy. Still screwing up my CH stick, throttle and pedals. I set them in the game, reboot a couple of times and the assignments are all scrambled again. Looks like Win10 has issues with multiple controllers? Or something like that? This doesn't happen in Win7...but it's a deal breaker for me. Maybe I will try again later, but for now, I am out of ideas and I don't want to reassignment game keys every time I have to reboot...real bummer.

Anyone else having issues with multiple controllers like CH Products or Thrustmaster?

=V=

It seems to be a very strange issue, but I have a small advice for you, Viper. Weeks ago I discovered a freeware software called Driver Booster 2, it finds and installs silently (meaning automatically) updates to all the old drivers. You might try to use it, unlike other similar counterparts, this one really worked for me. Moreover I'm suggesting that you go inside the mod folder, find the Default.ini or whatever it is called inside the Controls folder and add the Read Only statement in the properties.  

Edited by blaze95

Thanks Blaze,

Yes, it's the strangest thing. I can only figure that the USB devices are read in some random manner or something.

I will look for the driver installer...Also, the read only setting...

=V=

had win10 about 4 times and reloaded win 8.1.  It seems that when a certain update loads my games crap out, like it gets to the fly part and just goes right back to windows.  It has something to do with defender but it could be the nvidia card settings.  I have a nvidia gtx970m and have been having problems updating the drivers with that.  I updgrade and the game craps out on fly.  Dont know what else it could be. I'm currently on win 8.1

353.62 drivers are ok with my setup:

GTX 750, Win 10, but anything newer causes flashing/missing textures.

I have installed win10 a number of times.  It seemed if I hit a particular update my game would not work ie:game would crash to desktop as soon as i set up a single mission and hit fly.  I dont know what has happen since, maybe those updates are included, but I just tried to reload and it has seemed to work fine.  Maybe microsoft found a problem and fixed it bit works good now. 

Graphics issue on nvidia - newly released driver 358.50 looks good so far on my Wiin7 64. Can I get a confirm from someone  else on either win7 or 10?

Feedback on 358.50 - better but still not perfect. My plane is not exploding, but the terrain is still flickering....rolling back again! How about on win10?

Windows 10 and Strike Fighters 2 run very well here. I have nothing special with graphics, my PC had one Intel HD Graphics 530 (GT2)integrated graphics unit and work together with the 16 GB RAM.

Instalation separated and not merged, that give me 60 FPS with the map Europe in combat with MIG-17F against some F-100s.

The initial start screen of Europe had blinked the first time after the first launch but no more now. Only point to actualised then, was the mapping of the buttons and axes of the joystick and check the parameters by the options.

All fine now.   

Edited by regula50

I don't know if anyone else had this problem but in windows 10 upon a fresh install of SF2, i go to the fly mission button and the loading screen boots up right away and loads me into the plane.  If i shut the computer down and go to play the game again, after I hit the fly mission button the screen goes black and i wait....and wait....and wait and nothing happens the load screen does not initialize.  But after uninstalling and re installing it works again.  But again, turn the computer off and back on then go to fly...black screen.  I have no idea how when on a fresh install it works perfectly, but after a shutdown and reboot i get hung up.  This only happens on windows 10.  I have SF2 installed on a windows 7 laptop which is not nearly as powerful and it runs fine.  Before I upgraded to win 10 it ran fine on 7. I also have the controller remapping problem, it completely remapped my Saitekx45 all by itself.

On another note when trying to run DCS, if I have the joystick plugged into the number 1 USB 3.0 port, the game will not launch at all.  It runs in the background and I have to kill it with task manager.  If I migrate it to usb 3.0 number 2 and launch, the game runs fine.  I have not been able to find anyone else with this problem.  Everyone told me it was a graphical issue.  It may be a hardware issue with my usb ports but i dont know. These are my problems with with windows 10 as of now.  Most other programs run fine (well not modded Skyrim)  its mostly the sims like falcon, dcs, and sf2 that are strange.  

specs: 

windows 10 64 bit

Intel core i7 4th gen 4770

32gb ddram3

Nividia GTX970 4gb vram

AZSUS 24 in lcd 3d monitor(not running sims in 3d)

Could be monitor or Graphics driver related.

Can you do a DXdiag?

Be aware folks.....

Just had a "lovely" experience where when win10 loads it signs you in with a temporary profile, it says you cant access your files and files created with this profile will be deleted when you sign out..........its taken me 2.5 hrs to get something like running again, and yet again there's loads of folks out there where there is no definate answer to putting this right.