Wrench

@ Capun & DAT

since we, the CA Staff, know that you're here reading the boards and such, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see this.

When you ban someone from your site, particularly someone as important to the SF community as myself, could you at least have the decency and courtesy of sending an email explaining WHY??

That would be the right, honorable thing to do, not just the surprise one gets when trying to visit the DAT site, and is unable to log in.

• Like 4

Why bother? if he refuses their models, we have the means and modders to make better stuff, he banned me for no apparent reason (just suspect he read about some Viggen stuff), the result will be a improved model in the future....

• Like 3

The crazy hair guy talking about aliens on the History Channel has more credibility than these guys.

They think we're all chomping at the bit to get their stuff, but really we're all just laughing at them. A lot.

• Like 4

but really we're all just laughing at them. A lot.

Yep

edit: ok not going there

Edited by Stary

since we, the CA Staff, know that you're here reading the boards and such, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see this.

When you ban someone from your site, particularly someone as important to the SF community as myself, could you at least have the decency and courtesy of sending an email explaining WHY??

That would be the right, honorable thing to do, not just the surprise one gets when trying to visit the DAT site, and is unable to log in.

Yea. They pulled the same thing on me as well last year. First it was the downloads then a couple of years later the forums. As with you no reason. I'm sure though it's because I have had harsh words for them in the past.

Got banned from there last year acorrding to him it was too many downloads in one day. I was trying to get one of the campaigns that was in chunks and I was doing one at a time. I guess you have to the download one every 24 hrs and hope that it's not too fast.

What ever, the forums are dead as far as I can tell and I don't really do any of the SF games anymore so **** it, I have everything I need on a spare drive and I'm sure that I can get anyting else from my buds.

I do have to say that I'm proud to share company with such esteemed riff raff.

• Like 2

you know, that site runs off of donations. i suggest we all register at the below site to give the donation the site deserves....

http://dicksbymail.com/

feel free to give as able to....

• Like 3

That's the thing, I have given donations in the past to cover his costs but when you get told you're downloading too fast/much so I'm banning you it kind of kills my giving spirit. I never could undersand why he took all of his toys out of here and really doesn't like to share.

Oh well, it's his site and stuff to do as he wishes, not going to let it bug me. Life is too short, and retirement is too fun to worry about shtuff like this.

• Like 2

I emailed him years ago asking how one becomes a member, his reply was rude and vulgar. He's a dick.

How did this all get started, in the first place. I thought we shared a common like  for flight sims!

some folks have substantially thinner skins than others

It is a problem for people who wants to use Ojcar's armchair aces as they heavily rely on DAT stuff

So is there no point in trying to apply for access to their site? I kind of want to download their comprehensive Wings Over Africa install for SF2 instead of trying to scrounge up all the old SF1 files here and convert them to SF2.

that's totally up to you

I emailed him years ago asking how one becomes a member, his reply was rude and vulgar. He's a dick.

Same as me but I never got a reply - nothing at all !!!!!

I asked him to remove my account from the DAT site (I lost my ability to download after the Alizé cockpit affair my bad) , ... 3 weeks later he did it, I feel better now

Ave Cesar ..

Edited by Eole

Guy is amusing, given he guards the stuff like its the recipe for Coke, even though much of the content isnt his.

I'm always very sad when I read these things.

You all that share this passion here and at DAT site are my friends.

But we are few (very few),  and we should be a  band of brothers ....

• Like 2

There was a period when that's exactly how it was. All their stuff was here and they had a presence here. I wouldn't say it was friendly, but it was cordial. There was widespread usage of their stuff, and in fact that's how I got all of their stuff that I have, from right here.

Then overnight they opened their own site, put super-strict controls on it, and yanked all their stuff from here with immature cries of "it's our stuff, it can't be where we don't want it, WAAAAAA!!!!!" *insert kicking feet and waving fists here* :baby:

Totally out of the blue, no explanation. Cooperation to isolation in a blink. :blink:

I will never forgive them for their immaturity, childish behavior, and overall being dicks. It was uncalled for and they obviously have an undeserved superiority complex. They're huddling in their little filthy corner behind a "NO GRLS ALLOWD" sign and think they have some awesome fort. Let them circle jerk at their own awesomeness, only they believe it.  :bye:

• Like 3