Sign in to follow this  
greyhawk

sf2 NA Drops off when I try to acquire target

I all, was wondering if anyone can tell me why sf2 NA drops off when I try to acquire a target?  Have a pretty hefty MSI pc with a solid state 115 gig hard drive.  I also have a 250 gig solid state drive and have been using it also but same thing happens. Have tried to use less resolution, and definition but to no avail.  I am acquiring target with a logitech extreme 3d pro. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what you mean by Drops off exactly? Are you meaning your radar lock is being broken by jamming etc? what Aircraft ?

or is the game crashing?

More info please!

It sounds to me like he is having a frame rate drop when acquiring a target.

Actually the game crashes.  It looks to me as if when I press the shft key and #3 key (which is acquiring my target) on my joystick when in a dogfight or turning hard is when it  crashes.  

Edited by greyhawk

Do you have multiple installs and does this happen to all of them?

If not first thing to try would be to cut and paste your mod folder out (somewhere Safe) and run the game as stock - if it still persists then looking at graphics drivers, window/PSU etc etc

Might be a silly question, but have you checked your key mapping? Have you accidentally set it so that what you think is acquire target is actually quit game?