GRUMMAN F7F-1 and F7F-3N "Tigercat" cockpits pack

For Strike Fighters 2, preferably all-merged and up to date

by Stary and KJakker, version 1.1
March and August 2015

Update 1.1:
-fixes for engine gauges supplied by KJakker, thank you
-removal of temporary mesh helpers in 3N variant

What's this:
This is pack of two dedicated and quite accurate cockpits for the Grumman Tigercat twin engine heavy fighter/point strike fighter aircraft; F7F-1 and F7F-3(N) radar equipped variants respectively.

Best for late WW2, 1946 and specifically Korea installs. Made for and tested with Geo's excellent Tigercat.

Please read the readme for more informations about known bugs and other balooney. Seriously read it.

• Like 8

Fantastic! Thanks a lot Stary!!!

Stary, I think I fixed to issue with the gauges, PM of a modified file heading your way. Also the F7F is missing or has some odd data(Manifold Pressure) in the lines below from the engine entries in its data ini file. The ones below I puled from an F4U variant with the same engine as the F7F.

MinManifoldPressure=26

MaxManifoldPressure=66
GasTempIdleRPM=70
GasTempMaxRPM=80
GasTempChangeRate=0.1
OverheatTemp=90
DamageTempDelta=20
OilPressIdleRPM=70.0
OilPressMaxRPM=80.0
OilPressChangeRate=0.4
LowOilPress=50.0
LowOilPressTempDelta=100

and where do i get the aircraft for this beautiful cockpit  ???

edited: KJakker linked planes

Edited by Stary

Have neat fixes from KJakker, will test them and incorporate into updated version later toady

• Like 1

updated to version 1.1 with cockpits ini fixes by KJakker, TY

• Like 1

Excellent, Stary, thanks a lot. :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

BTW I have just tried with converting the five main BMP files in the cockpit folder (F7F_Misc.BMP, F7F_Pit_framing1.bmp, Seat.BMP, Tigercat_cockpit1.bmp and Tigercat_Panels_F7F1.bmp) to JPG format, and they seem to work fine in flight with no loss of graphics quality that I can see. It saves about 15Mb of size on the hard drive.

interesting but I doubt as the model reads specified type of graphics file (say, BMP) are you sure it doesn't simply read the BMP if you keep them in the cockpit folder that is..? Or you removed the bitmaps and the sim still reads from jpeg? That's interesting to say the least

Pretty sure that the game engine cast automatically from BMP to JPG for the skins but also for cockpit materials

yes it does;

if one converts skins of any type from bmp to jpg, removes (or stores the bmps in a sub-folder) the game WILL read the jpgs.

but what I find funny, saving 15 megs when most people have 1T or above HDs is silly!!!

Stary: The BMP files are definitely removed from my Cockpit folder, and the sim reads the JPGs automatically with no problems.

yes Wrench confirned that, neat finding :ok:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ProblemChild
      I am new to this game but I am loving it and the dynamic campaign is amazing. my only and only problem is that planes just dissapear in the distance, literally just dissapear a short distance a way, around 200 - 500 meters away? not too sure but its very off putting and its clearly an issue for gameplay.
      I am using Patch July 2013 
      Wings over Korea mod
      I play on 3840x2160 4K resolution (I'd prefer playing on that) I have extracted the flightengine ini into SF2 Filght folder as well as to the korea folder and made some changes like turned off fade away and increased mesh values, but still to no avail? Anyway to fix this? Its literally the only thing destroying the fun I have with this game.
    • By kosmo92
      Hello 
      I have little problem in SF2 North Atlantic in single mission when I select  Korea v3 and Cuba Otc terrains I can't change mission year before 1970, is there any fix for that problem? 
    • By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear friends,
      Today we would like to tell you about a new aircraft that our artists have been working on for some time and engineers have recently started to create its FM.
      The Ta 152 is the last creation of the German aircraft designer Kurt Tank, which managed to take part in combat operations during the Second World War. This aircraft was the culmination of the evolution of the Fw 190 fighter and Germany's most advanced piston fighter. It was in development for a long time, several years, and appeared at the very end of the war. During the development, several modifications of the original Fw 190 were produced, which finally led to the Ta 152 - the name "Fw" was changed to "Ta" in recognition of the designer's merits.

Compared to the Fw 190D "Dora", the wingspan was significantly increased for better maneuverability at high altitudes, the fuselage was longer, and the new Jumo-213E engine was equipped with two boost systems: MW-50 (water-methanol mixture injection for low and medium altitudes) and GM-1 (nitrous oxide for high altitudes). The "Dora" engine was already characterized by a high degree of automation and regulation and thus complexity, but here the Germans went even further - the engine was equipped with a two-stage three-speed (!) supercharger.

As you can see, these improvements were made for high-altitude combat, where the Ta 152 had to outperform the Mustangs and Spitfires of the Allies - the threat from the bomber armadas climbing higher and higher was growing every year. The plane had a pressurized cockpit and could reach a speed of 750 km/h at an altitude of 12 km, and its ceiling was 14 km! Think about it - a piston fighter that could climb and fight above modern jetliners had no equal. Its armament is also respectable, even by late WWII standards: 30mm MK 108 and two 20mm MG-151/20 cannons allowed it to destroy any air target.

The Ta 152 went into production at the end of the war and appeared in the skies of Germany in January-February 1945, but due to the disparity of forces, they had no effect on the course of hostilities: they were produced in very small numbers (about 25 H-1s). They remained in history as a monument to German wartime engineering and design. In our simulator, we expect to release this very interesting aircraft this summer.
    • By Lacsap
      Bonjour a tous . J'ai réalisé de nouvelles textures 1024x1024 pour le superbe terrain Korea Mig-alley de Gepard mais comment peut-on augmenter la distance d'apparition des arbres ? merci pour vos futures réponses !
      Hello everyone . I created new 1024x1024 textures for Gepard's superb Korea Mig-alley terrain, but how can we increase the distance at which the trees appear? Thanks for your future responses!    
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..