Sign in to follow this  
greyhawk

windows 10 and MSI laptop

Hi all.  Just loaded windows 10 3 days ago and have had nothing but problems with my MSI Gt72 dQD dominator.  No internet, problems with wireless and a lot more.  Just FYI to all who are thinking of getting it. Luckily I have PC optimizer and support so they went in and helped.  Still had to go back to windows 8.1.

I have Windows 10 running on my PC, and it does it flawlessly.

I also have a laptop from HP with Windows 8.1, but I think I'm gonna let Windows 8.1 on that for a while, because I think the drivers that my laptop needs may cause some problems when upgrading to Windows 10.

I think laptops quicker get problems with an upgrade to Windows 10 than PC does.

Just update the drivers to one that is windows 10 compatible. One of the laptop im using wont install windows 10 after updating the network driver and Nvidia Driver the The thing installed with no problem. From what i can see... its a very nice looking OS. But it's not much faster than windows 8.1 they just made the time getting from Power on to the log in screen faster but there's a significant delay going in from the desktop window to the time all background process finishes.

I did not see any problems either,  similarly I keep 8.1 on my main notebook (ASUS K75)   but I did a test install at my workplace, on my old notebook (HP nx6325 with AMD Thurion II  2x 1.6ghz  and 2.5GB RAM) .  Saying, if it works on that, it will everywhere else.  I had to change XP to Win 10 (with a HDD change as well, I kept the old XP on the original HDD)  no problems so far. It is running fast and stable so far. I will test with performance monitor, next week.

The only difference I have noticed are the less system requirements, which makes it a good solution to upgrade old XP computers which could not handle Win 7

I suggest a clean install to everyone, upgrade just f* up everything.

And, turn off everything, disable progs and reporting, use third party progs, etc etc. because Win10 is the worlds biggest spyware ever seen... it will store even your home Wifi password on Microsoft servers (No joke)

I had an issue with Win10.  I could not get my Logitech Extreme 3D pro to work and could not get driver's.  "So long Win10".  Also did not like how long it took to get to the basic stuff like my computer and saved games folder.  I just finished up putting Win7 back on PC.