Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Sukhoi T-50 video

Impressive maneuvers!  Poor F-35s...

• Like 1

If and when there are enough of these T-50s out there to actually threaten an F-35, we'll see.

The US Army said the same thing about what the RAH-66 Comanche was going to be capable of...

If and when there are enough of these T-50s out there to actually threaten an F-35, we'll see.

Yeah if and when F-35 finally leaves testing and development phase and actually starts showing up in meaningful numbers and operational capability....because right now a fair comparison for such statements would be F-22. Most certainly not F-35 :wink:

Edited by Brain32

Over 100 F-35ABCs have been delivered and 2 squadrons of F-35B are actually past IOC with the USMC - they are early block software but they would still be expected to go to war at IOC.

My mistake then, last time I checked they were only delivered to a few testing and training squadrons. I guess the B's were delivered to USMC in July as announced...

What's sad is that there are already more than half as many F-35s as there will EVER be F-22s. :aggressive:

Edited by JediMaster
  • Like 1

What's sad is that there are already more than half as many F-35s as there will EVER be F-22s. :aggressive:

You got that right, it's a pity there won't be other F-22s (although in case of a war things would obviously change), considering that the Raptors are effective even for multirole operations.  The F-35 IMHO was necessary only for the Navy and the Marines, but using it as a replacement for other aircraft in the USAF's inventory is not a good idea.  I will miss the A-10, and as far as I can tell I don't think the Russians are going to replace the Su-25 atm.

The F-16s are getting old. They need to be replaced.