Sign in to follow this  
MarkEAW

Is anyone here?

Just wondering if the same people that visit here are the same at SimHQ?

I'm not recieving much help over at SimHQ as far as obtaining old EAW files for my archive, thought maybe a differant crowd is here...

man that's an oldie but a goodie,,,but once you've gone IL-2 to HSFX and done naval carrier ops in the pacific and topped the night off with a B-17 mission,, even that makes Janes WW2 a distant memory,,, I came back here when sas put that major mod from WW1 to the jet era ,, I got the speed bug,,, figured it easier to blow the dust off of SFP-1 and WOV than download 6 gigs of trouble ,,, plus after working on mods in IL-2,,,Sfp-1 and wov were a snap,, got the B-1b up and running for sfp-1 with laser smart bomb capabilities and dolled up the B-52 I got threads up over at sfp-1 mods discussion on how to ,,, so much for tootin my own horn hope you find what you are looking for..back to carrier landing practice

Edited by yubba

Mark have you taken a look at the EAW files in the download sectionand posts in that forum? By observation not many here work EAW regularly but did in the past, but a look through the EAW forums should give you a better feel for the community in that regard.

BTW, welcome to CombatAce!

Thanks guys. I been checking out the downloads here little by little, most I had already, some I didn't.

It's neat to find new stuff!

If anyone has any EAW files I'm still looking. Not sure if the board has a PM system, but please let me know if you have a collection of EAW files you'd be willing to send me.

Thanks.

Hi to all.

I'm trying to get another go at this lovely gem. Truly a sim with a soul, mainly making you feel "being there".

I was successful at launching the latest 140 release via DXWND since I have an nvidia card.

My only gripe so far is not having control over the aircraft as before. I have a full CH suite and despite all the controllers being unified into one controller, I have no control over the aircraft. All controllers are listed as CM device 1 which means windows sees them as one controllers and not separate controllers.

Really, then the controllers should be easy to set up if there truly seen as one controller.

Which windows version do you have?

Did you read my joystick and remappable guide at all?

Edited by MarkEAW

I have  Windows 7 professional. 

Thanks for posting. I'll have a go at it. Curiously, the aircraft respond to keyboard control via the arrows keys. 

BTW I went through the files here on CombatACE in the EAW section. 96% of those files are junk, there just repacks of other older version files. You probably could free up space on CombACE by removing them, perhaps. User lauvo files are mostly the culprit. I'm not sure what he was doing with those files or why. Maybe he had good intentions, but the result was poor. Just my informative opinion.