Sign in to follow this  
greyhawk

best joystick for under $100

Can anyone let me know what the best joystick is for under 100 for use with strikefighter series?

Edited by greyhawk

Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X ofc

I'll second that (it's what I use) as well as the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (which is what I used before).  The Hotas X takes some getting used to but still a great stick/HOTAS Combo.

I've been using Saitek Evo Cyborg series for several years. Many more programmable button options than other sticks. All those options are ideal for managing various view settings. Throttle is not offset to side but not that's not a problem. Price has gone up but still on Amazon under 100. Mad Katz stick looks like update to the Evo Cyborg.

Edited by Sheriff

Thanks all.  I was actually going to go with this.  I know my logitech 3d pro, i have had for about 7 years now.  It seems if I use my buttons on the control with the shift it crashes my game.  Asks if i want to disable my windows keys.  Dont know if it is the joystick or something else.  I am running a msi gt72 dominator with 16gig of memory and a 256 gig ssd.  Any suggestions?

I would say if you can stretch to $100, you might as well go for a Saitek X-52 (non-pro version), which sells for little over that price.

You'd have a very decent H.O.T.A.S. flight joystick, good not just for SF2 but for any other combat flight sim/game.

To be honest I would be content with a used Saitek X-45 (very rare to find new now), which will certainly be found under that price.

Otherwise, if it's about a good simple low-cost joystick, I would go for one of these:

• Thrustmaster T-16000 (only joystick under $150 with hall sensor - the stick itself is said to be the best in its price bracket and well beyond)
  • Logitech Extreme 3d Pro (proven joystick, plenty buttons, high compability)
  • Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X (it is a stick/HOTAS combo, which will probably add immersion)
  • Saitek AV8R Aviator (has Dual Throttle, good for dual-engine aircraft in certain games)
Edited by LucShep