Sign in to follow this  
pieisgood

Tweaking Existing Decals

I'm curious about creating "custom nation skins" by simply making a few alterations to existing decals of an existing faction (ex. changing "U.S. Air Force" to "[Fake Faction] Air Force"). The reason is that I have a nation cooked up in my imagination that pretty much all U.S. markings but has a different name painted on the side and a tweaked roundel. Is it as simple as opening up certain decals in GIMP and just tweaking them? All the tutorials I've found deal with custom decals from the ground up, so they're not 100% helpful. Forgive me if it's not very clear what I am asking, I had trouble putting it into words for some reason. Nevertheless, any insight would be appreciated.

• Like 1

completely new decals will be required, as well a new entry into the games Nations.ini

• Like 1

It isn't that hard .. just mind numbing boring creating them!! :biggrin:   I should know, I've been doing nothing but decals the last 2 days!! (plus the 10s of thousands in the past!!)

• Like 1

And the first few can actually be fun. Its the ones after you get the placement and system down that crush your soul. (j/k)