Sign in to follow this  
alexis99

How do you get wingmen to turn off their lights in night missions?

Yesterday, I flew an anti-shipping mission in Norway at night with four F-22s. Approaching the fjord where the Primary Target was at anchor, I had already switched off my lights, so I couldn't be seen.

But my AI wingmen had their lights on, flashing away like Christmas trees, and they all got shot down.

Now there seems to be no specific command in the radio list to instruct the AI to switch off their lights. But, is there a trick to make them do it during a mission that I don't know about?

The designer of the F-117 fixed it so that all lights are designated the same as landing gear lights, so that when the gear comes up, all lights switch off.

I could do that in the F-22 Data file, but I just thought I'd ask if there was an in-mission way to get wingmen to switch their lights off before I did that.

[LeftPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=-6.587,-8.064,-0.138

LightSrcOffset=-0.0,0.00,0.00

Color=0.88,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.07

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

IsLandingLight=TRUE    <---------   Add this to all you lights in you XXXX.data flie

Yes, that's what I've already had to do, because you can't tell them to do it in missions.

That's how the F-117A does it.

Bit of a design slip-up there for the game

I just tested this, My wingie took off with lights flashing, then I skipped to the IP where they were turned off. This was in a thud over mescalero, 2230 HRS

img00054_zpsaxf7x90f.jpg

It may be that zapping to the IP makes it happen. But if you fly all waypoints, they won't switch off lights, and that's dangerous if you are deep in enemy territory.