Sign in to follow this  
Blackburn32

Transparent dirty exhaust

I was just thinking that what if you made the dirty exhaust effect transparent would it somewhat look like engine fumes? You could combine this with the normal exhaust effect to create a complete engine effect? 

post-90352-0-64211600-1441375129_thumb.jpg

Been there, done that, like 8 years ago.  The effect does not work the way you expect it to, and it's only visible from directly behind the model.  The attached video dates back to 2010, and if you look carefully when the model is in flight, you'll see the "transparent smoke heat shimmer". That is as good as it gets.

Heat!.wmv

The real issue is that the developer did not see fit to use the majority of the shader entries that are available in the DirectX library, so that we cannot create a working heat-blur shader, until someone comes up with a work-around.

Here's an alternate effect, using animated translucent "rings", This one dates back to March of 2009:

Movie.wmv

• Like 1

Would it somehow be possible through SweetFX shaders? 

It's a rather complicated shader, in that it requires that the image be drawn twice; Once as a normail view, and then with the post-process perturbation effect over the first image.  I do not believe that any of the "wrapper" style post-process shader add-ons (such as sweet fx) currently have the capability to introduce heat blur from a point emitter. I believe that it would take a re-writing of the game's  graphics core files to allow this.

Hi everyone 

Does anyone know how I can make red exhaust like F-15C for my F-4?

On 8/9/2015 at 11:59 AM, Fubar512 said:

Here's an alternate effect, using animated translucent "rings", This one dates back to March of 2009:

Movie.wmv

I liked this one

Banzi

in the f4e  data.ini file under engines....look for exhaust emmitter and change it to the name of the f15 ones or vice versa.