Hauksbee

Let's have a BOC rollcall...

Who's hanging out here these days? Who's breezing by on occassion?

1. Hauksbee

I breeze through once every few days.  I should probably just post "Hi" when I stop by.

Edited by RAF_Louvert

I breeze through once every few days.  I should probably just post "Hi" when I stop by.

It would appear that many others do too. If we can get them to post a 'hello', perhaps we could start to re-build the community.

Still here. I've kept the boards bookmarked under my "Daily Links" section and they've never left. Been busy with RL, and didn't have WOFF until this week. Finally back though! Always pop by when time allows.

I'm happy to post here if we can get the community going again.    It would be awesome to have 2 active forum communities.

I come by every so often to see what's going on, but rarely post anywhere anymore. 'Haven't fired a shot in anger for sometime; been flying bush in RTMM and just loving it. I should have been a helicopter jockey. Does a three blade rotor qualify as a tri-wing?

plug_nickel

ps...I still use the the crease in my Avalanche's hood to target those who dangerously pullout or cut in front of me.

I still use the the crease in my Avalanche's hood to target those who dangerously pullout or cut in front of me.

I know that feeling! I spent many years on the San Francisco Penninsula trucking up and down Highway 101. Somewhere, down around Mt. View, there was an overpass that crossed 101 at 90 deg. Just before you crossed over 101 there was an entrance ramp that peeled off and dropped down to the highway. Every time I started down that ramp, my VW morphed into a Hawker Hurricane and all the traffic on 101 became He-111's. Every time.

I pop in about once a day to see if anything is happening. 

I have a question for Capt. Sopwith - I used to fly 'Wings of Glory' that appears in your signature (on this forum, not the other one).  I am considering creating a Virtual DOS machine (I already have XP, Ubuntu, W10 versions) and I can install FreeDos (or M$ dos if I can get it to read my USB floppy drive) - I just wonder what the config.sys and autoexec.bat would look like.   I am a bit out of practice with dos (haha) - could you help?  Back in the dark ages I used to love WOG.

I forgot to add that I have the installation CD and all the manuals still on the shelf.

Edited by JimAttrill

I still look in most days, usually.

Just been on holiday and not seen a computer screen for a week, so I didn't see this until today.

Same here - checking every few days.

And yes, why not have two places going? Combat Ace is definitely the place with all mod cons.

I pop in about once a day to see if anything is happening. 

I have a question for Capt. Sopwith - I used to fly 'Wings of Glory' that appears in your signature (on this forum, not the other one).  I am considering creating a Virtual DOS machine (I already have XP, Ubuntu, W10 versions) and I can install FreeDos (or M$ dos if I can get it to read my USB floppy drive) - I just wonder what the config.sys and autoexec.bat would look like.   I am a bit out of practice with dos (haha) - could you help?  Back in the dark ages I used to love WOG.

I forgot to add that I have the installation CD and all the manuals still on the shelf.

Hi Jim! Good to hear from you mate!

I still have WoG installed on my Windows 10 box! I get at DOSBox using a program called D-Fend Reloaded which works great. The link to the latest version, I think, can be found here: http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/

You should then be able to either install WoG through D-Fend, or if the CD allows, simply copy and paste the files from the CD en masse to a folder in your D-Fend VirtualHD (the folder is usually located in your user folder if you're using Windows 7 or 10). Then you can run the wizard in D-Fend to set up the game to work accordingly. Pretty easy, at least in my experience! hope that helps! If all else fails, give me a shout and I can send you my D-Fend settings for WoG. Great old game!

Awwright! Good to see you again, Typhoon. Seems like there's more than a few of the old gang hangin' around.

Guess I should add my john henry here as well!

Best Regards;

John Henry

Hi Jim! Good to hear from you mate!

I still have WoG installed on my Windows 10 box! I get at DOSBox using a program called D-Fend Reloaded which works great. The link to the latest version, I think, can be found here: http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/

You should then be able to either install WoG through D-Fend, or if the CD allows, simply copy and paste the files from the CD en masse to a folder in your D-Fend VirtualHD (the folder is usually located in your user folder if you're using Windows 7 or 10). Then you can run the wizard in D-Fend to set up the game to work accordingly. Pretty easy, at least in my experience! hope that helps! If all else fails, give me a shout and I can send you my D-Fend settings for WoG. Great old game!

Thanks for your answer my Captain (shades of the Goon Show)

I have tried D-fend reloaded but I would appreciate your settings - maybe you could pm me with them?

The big problem I have is with my USB mouse although it recognises my USB joystick ok.   Are you using a mouse or maybe joystick only which I think works in WoG? 

Thanks for your answer my Captain (shades of the Goon Show)

I have tried D-fend reloaded but I would appreciate your settings - maybe you could pm me with them?

The big problem I have is with my USB mouse although it recognises my USB joystick ok.   Are you using a mouse or maybe joystick only which I think works in WoG? 

Hi Jim!

I can just post them here if that works for you. I will qualify my settings by saying - I set them about five years ago now from my old copy of WoG, so how I got to these settings and why they work, is now well beyond my memory. :grandpa:

I also remember having the dragging mouse issue. I found, for a while at least, that the solution was to hold the joystick opposite of the drift of the cursor, doing so at least neutralizes the thing so you can use it. :gamer:

Somewhere after that, it just sort of stopped doing that, from what I remember. Grad school has fried most my my brain lol. Hope this helps at least! You'll be amazed at the difference once you get to fire it up again.

SS4_zpsgahndoq8.png

SS5_zpsos9jspen.png

SS6_zpstwvy4a3y.png

SS3_zps3rtwmdpd.png

SS2_zpswlis0wbw.png

SS1_zpsdnhdruez.png

Ten BOC members accounted for, 34 or so to go, (not counting the honorary members).  C'mon lads, don't be shy, just admit you still haunt the place on occasion.   :pilotfly: 

Those are fine words of you, Lieutenant Hauksbee - I'll have an "Old Speckled Hen" and drink it on Widowmaker!

Cheers!

speckledhen.jpg

Edited by Olham

Hi Gents,

Picked up WOFF a couple of days ago. Also picked up a nice shiny new SSD to install it on.

With any luck I shall have already wracked up two or three aircraft and reintroduced myself to Nurse Gladys before Friday.

Cheers,

Parky

The Dancing MJ Leaf returns! Good to see you Parky.

Edited by Hauksbee

Picked up WOFF a couple of days ago. Also picked up a nice shiny new SSD to install it on.

With any luck I shall have already wracked up two or three aircraft and reintroduced myself to Nurse Gladys before Friday.

Hey, Parky - great to see you again - and even ready for WOFFing!

Did you check the OBD website for the latest patches?

Mind you: it is MUCH harder to survive now - be most careful and rather defensive, then you may have a chance to survive.

Edited by Olham