Sign in to follow this  
skyknight0721

Need help with Mirage F1CG's cockpit

Hello I've encountered an issue with the Mirage F1 CG's cockpit. As you can see in the picture attached to this post, I've circled a component of the aircraft which is supposed to display the amount of g the aircraft is experiencing in terms of color. However for this version only (i have not encountered this issue with other Mirage F1 variants of other nations) the display stays on the yellowish level at all times, even when the aircraft is at a stop on the ground. So please if somebody has any suggestion on how to fix this, let me know.  :baby:

post-84319-0-79493400-1441897201_thumb.jpg

sure that's not the AoA indexer? (I don't know this myself, just throwing that out there!)

I took a look at the cockpit LOD and the cockpit INI file. As far as I can tell Wrench is right. Those lights are not an Accelerometer that indicates G-forces but part if the Angle of Attack indicator. Try seeing how those lights illuminate when you pitch the aircraft up or down sharply.

yes, because the acclerometer  is usually mounted on the dash, not window frame

I took a look at the cockpit LOD and the cockpit INI file. As far as I can tell Wrench is right. Those lights are not an Accelerometer that indicates G-forces but part if the Angle of Attack indicator. Try seeing how those lights illuminate when you pitch the aircraft up or down sharply.

yes, because the acclerometer  is usually mounted on the dash, not window frame

Ok it must be the angle of attack indicator, but for some reason it stays frozen on that yellowish color even when I change my angle of attack drastically in sharp turns and it also stays the same when the aircraft is on the ground. I tried using the cockpit of another Mirage F1 but then I was flying without cockpit.

Cockpit shown in the picture belongs to F.1CE...

Really? So where do I get the proper F1 CG cockpit? I mean this is what I got from the Mirage F1  CG file

This is what Mirage F.1CG cockpit should be.

post-42558-0-07830000-1442137920_thumb.jpg

Concerning the green light which is usually turned on I haven't seen any changes when making hard maneuvers. When you reach AoA limit then a red light 

with the indication "LIM" in the left side should be turned on as seen in the pic below

post-42558-0-30526800-1442138354_thumb.jpg

Take a look at the pic you posted and see through the mirrors... It's not F1CG skin. Looks like the Spanish AF Mirage F1...

• Like 1

This is what Mirage F.1CG cockpit should be.

attachicon.gifimg03040.JPG

Concerning the green light which is usually turned on I haven't seen any changes when making hard maneuvers. When you reach AoA limit then a red light 

with the indication "LIM" in the left side should be turned on as seen in the pic below

attachicon.gifimg03041.JPG

Take a look at the pic you posted and see through the mirrors... It's not F1CG skin. Looks like the Spanish AF Mirage F1...

Whoops I think you are right, I posted the wrong photo. I was actually saving screenshot from different Mirage F1 cockpits then I uploaded the wrong one. But still the problem with the Mirage F1 CG remains. The green light as you said, should move up and change color as AOA increases, as it happens in other models of the Mirage F1.

Edited by skyknight0721

I just checked my SF2 ZIP files for what is in the downloaded files. The "F-1CG" has the "F-1Pit_C.LOD" in its file while the "F-1CE" on the other hand is packaged with the "F-1Pit_C_ALE40.LOD".

While looking at them in the LODViewer I think I might see the issue that skyknight0721 indicated with the lights. In the Pictures below you can see that in the F-1CG pit only the green light is colored the rest being gray, while...

post-56847-0-53590300-1442160899_thumb.jpg

...in the F-1CG pit there are blue, green, yellow, and red lights visible. Might this be a cockpit LOD error?

post-56847-0-69125800-1442160915_thumb.jpg  

I just checked my SF2 ZIP files for what is in the downloaded files. The "F-1CG" has the "F-1Pit_C.LOD" in its file while the "F-1CE" on the other hand is packaged with the "F-1Pit_C_ALE40.LOD".

While looking at them in the LODViewer I think I might see the issue that skyknight0721 indicated with the lights. In the Pictures below you can see that in the F-1CG pit only the green light is colored the rest being gray, while...

attachicon.gifF-1Pit_C_LOD.JPG

...in the F-1CG pit there are blue, green, yellow, and red lights visible. Might this be a cockpit LOD error?

attachicon.gifF-1Pit_C_ALE40_LOD.JPG

Never mind the above, I think I solved the issue. Go in to your MF1CE\cockpit folder and copy the "lights_on.tga" file and then past it into your MF-1CG\cockpit folder. That should fix the lights issue.

Edit: You need to do it with the "lights_off.tga" as well.

Edited by KJakker

Here, had the time so I decided I would save you the trouble. All Mirage F-1's that looked like they had the issue are included along with backups of the files that will be overwritten. 

Attachment Removed
Edited by KJakker
  • Like 1

Thank you very much, KJakker.

Edited by blaze95