Sign in to follow this  
JimAttrill

Hello

Hmmm... - I'm not a big banana fan, but I'll post anyway, just for the sake of this fine place.

...and how does one collect on this fine banana?

Could I have an apple instead?

OOOOH I love bananas, and this site. I still check it out at least once a week.

Tony

Hey, Tony - great to see you around here! How's the Mosquito?

Hi Olham:

Glad to be here. The Mosquito is coming along fine. We just about finished the tail plane. It was dry fitted to the fuselage today and fit perfectly. It will be removed on Saturday and the plywood skin will be put on the top. It will be left off the bottom for now so that the inspector from Transport Canada can inspect the internal structure. Also next week we will marry the wing to the fuselage. Hope to have some pics of that endeavor. The other thing we are working on is a mock-up of the cockpit as a display for the museum. Just about finished the outside. We are going to install a yoke and rudder pedals and a dummy instrument panel to give people an idea of the cramped quarters of the Mossie. Below is a picture of me sitting in the mock-up, this was taken very early in the building process. I will take some more pics on Saturday.

BTW Olham I have another book for you, will send in a few days.

Tony

post-899-0-28850300-1442372164.jpg

I love bananas too! I have one every day!!

Hi Olham:

Glad to be here. The Mosquito is coming along fine. We just about finished the tail plane. (...)

Below is a picture of me sitting in the mock-up, this was taken very early in the building process. I will take some more pics on Saturday.

BTW Olham I have another book for you, will send in a few days.

Great to see you with that work, Tony - looking forward to more pics!

Thank you for your kind offer!

I confess that I have only yesterday begun to read Collishaw's "Black Flight", that you sent me some time ago.

I got so far, where he learned to fly in England, on a Caudron G.III.

So take your time with the new book - I'm a slow reader.

Edited by Olham

Well, it's been a week since we decided to breath new life into the old airfield. I'd say that it's proceeding nicely. So, Jim, who wins the banana?

Well, it's been a week since we decided to breath new life into the old airfield. I'd say that it's proceeding nicely. So, Jim, who wins the banana?

I put the winners banana in my scanner but it didn't come out too well :bad:

Hey Mr Typhoon - as you know the Mossie fuselage was built in two halves with the systems installed inside and then glued together.    What other famous aircraft had a metal fuselage made in the same way?  

(I ask this because I read a book about this other aircraft where it was said that this method of manufacture was unique) 

I put the winners banana in my scanner but it didn't come out too well :bad:

Somehow I just knew this was going to be an e-banana. (the old 'loaves and fishes' dodge.)

I had a-banana this morning for breakfast.  Never had e-banana.  Are they less filling, I imagine they would be.

Are they less filling, I imagine they would be.

Much less than you might imagine. So much so, that you might give up imagining altogether.

Typically BOC members discussion here - Mmuahahahahaaa!!!

...and glad to hear it. After a brisk start, the number of new posts seems to have fallen off.

Well, let's fight for it then! Hussah!

My favourite way of eating bananas is to drink them - as a smoothie.

I put 1 - 2 bananas in the blender (mixer), add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar,

1 cup of pure tight yoghurt, 1 cup of grained almonds, 2 - 3 cups of orange juice,

and blend that. Then I add lactose-free milk (2 - 4 cups) and blend that.

Hmmmm - a fluid breakfast!

10449109_385392158312909_1587350579_n.jpg

Lactose-free milk ....   It is a bit of a pain when my sister visits from the UK as she is lactose-intolerant.  We have to buy soya milk (yuck - even the dogs won't drink it) or goats milk which is not too bad.  And I don't offer her milk stout which is a dark beer somewhat like Guinness but less bitter - and that does have lactose in it according to the label. 

Talking of bananas I have successfully made banana bread a couple of times.   It is a good use for bananas that have got past their MTBF :blink:

Lactose-free milk ....   It is a bit of a pain when my sister visits from the UK as she is lactose-intolerant.  We have to buy soya milk (yuck - even the dogs won't drink it) or goats milk which is not too bad. 

Here is a link to a Google images search for lactose-free milk. Seems to exist at least in England and/or America.

Not sure about South Africa though...

https://www.google.de/search?q=lactose-free+milk&safe=off&biw=1600&bih=788&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CCgQsARqFQoTCPqjnYSlqMgCFQnWFAodxI8GOg