Listed below are the Role and SystemType for Aircraft and GroundObjects from the DLL files. The ones numbered are ones I do not remember seeing used. Anyone have  any information on them?

"AircraftRole="

HELO<----------------------1

FIGHTER

ATTACK

BOMBER

TRANSPORT

Aircraft "SystemType="

CONTROL_SURFACE

PROP_ENGINE

JET_ENGINE

ROCKET_ENGINE<----------------------2

REACTION_CONTROL_SYSTEM

FIXED_GUN

FLEXIBLE_GUN

WEAPON_STATION

HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

AIRBRAKE

LANDING_GEAR

ARRESTER_HOOK

LIGHT

SPOT_LIGHT<----------------------3

PILOT_COCKPIT

NAVIGATOR_COCKPIT

GUNNER_STATION

FUEL_TANK

FLIGHT_CONTROL

PNEUMATIC_SYSTEM<----------------------4

HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM<----------------------5

ELECTRICAL_SYSTEM<----------------------6

FUEL_SYSTEM<----------------------7

COOLING_SYSTEM<----------------------8

OIL_SYSTEM<----------------------9

ECM_JAMMER

DECOY_DISPENSER

LASER_DESIGNATOR

EO_CAMERA

"GroundObjectRole="

TANK

TROOP<----------------------10

APC

RECON

ARTILLERY

TRANSPORT

LIGHT_AAA<----------------------11

MOBILE_AAA

STATIC_AAA

MOBILE_SAM

STATIC_SAM

EW_RADAR

SAM_RADAR

COMMAND

CARGO_SHIP

PATROL_BOAT

WARSHIP

BALLOON

UNKNOWN<----------------------12

WarshipClass=

AIRCRAFT_CARRIER

BATTLESHIP

CRUISER

DESTROYER

FRIGATE

TRANSPORT

GroundObject "SystemType="

ENGINE

GUN

MISSILE

RADAR

FUEL_TANK<----------------------13

AMMO<----------------------14

TRACK<----------------------15

WHEEL<----------------------16

SEARCH_LIGHT<----------------------17

LIGHT

GUNNER

CARGO<----------------------18

FLIGHT_DECK

CATAPULT

ARRESTER_CABLE

I rarely go over to the Third Wire forum anymore so I did not think to look there. That is numbers 4-9 answered. Thanks Do335.  

ey it's a gold mine for ini editing, it's like.. the author of the source code is explaining it all in lay man terms.

Anyway what I got from the thread is if it's not in the stock planes it ain't (properly) implemented. But.. just my own take.

Edited by Do335
  • Like 1

The majority of them are place holders, and do not have any actual actions/functions/object types associated with them. TK has done this since the beginning, and some of the original place holders from November of 2002 are still there, waiting for him to "activate" them.

The majority of them are place holders, and do not have any actual actions/functions/object types associated with them. TK has done this since the beginning, and some of the original place holders from November of 2002 are still there, waiting for him to "activate" them.

Fubar, have you tried all of them?  Indeed they are placeholders, but it's worth a try.

KJakker, are there other unused statements in the other DLLs?

Edited by blaze95

Fubar, have you tried all of them?  Indeed they are placeholders, but it's worth a try.

I have tried many, if not most of them.  I did not try the aircraft systems entries, which appeared right after the release of FE2.  The search_light entry I tried on several ship models that had that animation defined, but it did not work, and they had to be set as guns. The helo aircraft class entry is definitely a dud, as is the spot-light system type.  One should see some of the place-holder entries in the various graphics and terrain engine files...those are real heart breakers.

But by all means, knock yourselves out.  That's how we all learned.

Damn, I don't even wanna imagine the place-holder entries in the graphics DLLs. Thanks for the clarification, Fubar512.

and Blaze95 you think my weather data entries you asked about came from where if not environmentsystem.dll

the helos I was pretty certain would be used in North Atlantic... oh well

(cue the dramatic music)

"...in other news around the globe we here at TWFU would like to remind the Combat Ace community that Strike Fighters 2 haven't been updated since July 4th 2013"

Hi, Sorry for digging up an old topic. Can anyone tell me whether any of the aircraft "systemtypes" highlighted were implemented in game?

If so, does anyone have  any examples how they are specified within the data.ini - i.e do they need parameters similar to "FuelTankID=1"
or "MaxFuelAmount=775" as would be given for a fuel tank.

The ones from this list above are:

PNEUMATIC_SYSTEM
HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM
ELECTRICAL_SYSTEM
FUEL_SYSTEM
COOLING_SYSTEM
OIL_SYSTEM

Unfortunately I can't seem to get to the thirdwire forum linked which might have explained it.

Many thanks!

that's because the 3W forums no longer exist.

my guess would be for implementing damage. We've seen fuel and oil leaks, and on the Spits/Mustangs/S-99-109G I think I might have seen coolant leaks. I 'way back in 1stGen, I remember a hydralic failure - controls locked up and plane was still flying (skyhawk)

hopefully, someone else might know more

On 17.4.2020 at 1:48 PM, CJLivesey said:

Hi, Sorry for digging up an old topic. Can anyone tell me whether any of the aircraft "systemtypes" highlighted were implemented in game?

If so, does anyone have  any examples how they are specified within the data.ini - i.e do they need parameters similar to "FuelTankID=1"
or "MaxFuelAmount=775" as would be given for a fuel tank.

The ones from this list above are:

PNEUMATIC_SYSTEM
HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM
ELECTRICAL_SYSTEM
FUEL_SYSTEM
COOLING_SYSTEM
OIL_SYSTEM

Unfortunately I can't seem to get to the thirdwire forum linked which might have explained it.

Many thanks!

Thirdwire forum threads with post form TK were thankfully archived by the combatace user Do335. You can find the TW forum archive here: https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92272-third-wire-forums-no-longer-linked-on-website/?do=findComment&comment=745634

Regarding the question, if that aircraft systems are implemented, TK posted on 10 Dec 2009 the following:
Well, I think the answer is No, please check the stock plane's data to see whats implemented.
TK

Maybe some of those systems were implemented after 2009. I don't know.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response - not the answer I was hoping for on the systemtype, but the link to the thirdwire forum file is a brilliant resource and more than makes up for it.

Thanks!