I saw that the first response of "Red Crow" is defined by this entry in the SpeechSystem.ini file.

[Concept001]

// MSN_SPC_TACC_RADAR_CONTACT,

Priority = FALSE

TargetFragmentID = SPC_TACC_LEAD_CALLSIGN

CallerFragmentID = SPC_TACC_TACC_CALLSIGN

BodyFragment001 = SPC_TACC_RADAR_CONTACT

BodyFragment002 = SPC_TACC_FREQUENCY

But in the game, communication -> BodyFragment002 = SPC_TACC_FREQUENCY <-, (something like "stay in this frequency") is not pronounced by the operator.

Is there a fault in a configuration file?

more than likely, something that was never implemented in the game engine

Thanks for you reply Wrench.

Well, the operator says that phrase in SF1.

It does not seem that the game engine has changed so much between them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Menrva

View File Speech Enhancement & Expansion
      Speech Enhancement & Expansion
      February 13th, 2019 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2 games
      This package is my personal enhancement meant to improve the consistency and quality of the in-game English speech. I tweaked the SpeechSystem.ini file to include the additional SF2NA voices ("call the ball" and "Vampire") separately from those of the TACC; the additional SF2NA voices are now meant to be those of a Navy Controller. By chance, I have found and fixed a stock bug in the original SF2 SpeechSystem.ini file.
      With some .wav editing, I created a generic Hawkeye TACC using the original, female Red Crown voice. Additional .wav files have been created so that in-game flights and Departure mention Hawkeye instead of Red Crown.
      I hex-edited the .str file so that subtitles properly display Hawkeye instead of Red Crown. Other little fixes were also made; for instance, you'll no longer see "Call the ball" (capital letter after a comma), now it correctly is "call the ball". You get Hawkeye as TACC when flying for naval aviation services, otherwise you get Red Crown.
      This enhancement is a mixture of Polak's beautiful speech pack for SF1 games, and of SkateZilla's and Rends' improved Hawkeye voices; my thanks for their work!
      As a bonus, correct and complete or mostly complete speech files have been added for other languages: Italian, Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, Persian. These languages have been added to the proper aviation services of countries where these languages are official:
      -Arabic is used for Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Somalia, Chad, Yemen, Oman, Algeria, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Libya, Djibouti.
      -Spanish is used for Spain, Argentina, Cuba, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic.
      -Persian is used for Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan.
      -Vietnamese is used for North Vietnam only.
      -Italian is used for Italy only.
      It's highly suggested to install this mod on top of my Nations & Medals Expansion package; the included NATIONS.ini file is entirely based on the one from that mod (hence that mod is required), but with additional edits for enabling different speech packs and callsigns where proper.
      Mentioned countries feature correct callsigns as heard by the respective audio files (except for Persian, not possible for me to rework them without a transcription). The in-game subtitles have been fully reworked to feature such different callsigns.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -Polak, for his SF1 mod which enhances all of the original SFP1 speech sound files.
      -Rends and SkateZilla, for the improved SF2NA Hawkeye voices, which I have tweaked a bit.
      -GKABS, for producing the (still in progress) Arabic speech pack started for the development of ODS 30AE.
      -Nguyen Dang Hat and Rhugouvi, for creating the amazing Vietnamese speech pack.
      -FX Interactive, for producing the Italian and Spanish speech packs for their release of Strike Fighters: Project 1.
      -Gerwin, for his tips on properly hex-editing the header of .STR files.
      I included the original readme files from the mentioned mods, to the end of giving proper credit to everyone involved directly or not.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      This mod may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 02/13/2019 Category In Game Speech  
    • By Menrva
      Speech Enhancement & Expansion
      February 13th, 2019 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2 games
      This package is my personal enhancement meant to improve the consistency and quality of the in-game English speech. I tweaked the SpeechSystem.ini file to include the additional SF2NA voices ("call the ball" and "Vampire") separately from those of the TACC; the additional SF2NA voices are now meant to be those of a Navy Controller. By chance, I have found and fixed a stock bug in the original SF2 SpeechSystem.ini file.
      With some .wav editing, I created a generic Hawkeye TACC using the original, female Red Crown voice. Additional .wav files have been created so that in-game flights and Departure mention Hawkeye instead of Red Crown.
      I hex-edited the .str file so that subtitles properly display Hawkeye instead of Red Crown. Other little fixes were also made; for instance, you'll no longer see "Call the ball" (capital letter after a comma), now it correctly is "call the ball". You get Hawkeye as TACC when flying for naval aviation services, otherwise you get Red Crown.
      This enhancement is a mixture of Polak's beautiful speech pack for SF1 games, and of SkateZilla's and Rends' improved Hawkeye voices; my thanks for their work!
      As a bonus, correct and complete or mostly complete speech files have been added for other languages: Italian, Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, Persian. These languages have been added to the proper aviation services of countries where these languages are official:
      -Arabic is used for Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Somalia, Chad, Yemen, Oman, Algeria, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Libya, Djibouti.
      -Spanish is used for Spain, Argentina, Cuba, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic.
      -Persian is used for Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan.
      -Vietnamese is used for North Vietnam only.
      -Italian is used for Italy only.
      It's highly suggested to install this mod on top of my Nations & Medals Expansion package; the included NATIONS.ini file is entirely based on the one from that mod (hence that mod is required), but with additional edits for enabling different speech packs and callsigns where proper.
      Mentioned countries feature correct callsigns as heard by the respective audio files (except for Persian, not possible for me to rework them without a transcription). The in-game subtitles have been fully reworked to feature such different callsigns.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -Polak, for his SF1 mod which enhances all of the original SFP1 speech sound files.
      -Rends and SkateZilla, for the improved SF2NA Hawkeye voices, which I have tweaked a bit.
      -GKABS, for producing the (still in progress) Arabic speech pack started for the development of ODS 30AE.
      -Nguyen Dang Hat and Rhugouvi, for creating the amazing Vietnamese speech pack.
      -FX Interactive, for producing the Italian and Spanish speech packs for their release of Strike Fighters: Project 1.
      -Gerwin, for his tips on properly hex-editing the header of .STR files.
      I included the original readme files from the mentioned mods, to the end of giving proper credit to everyone involved directly or not.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      This mod may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
    • By thereg

View File Multinational Speech Pack
      Multinational Speech pack version 1.0 for Strike Fighters 2

SHould work on any type of SF2 installation.

This is a compilation of speech packs brought together by me from original files mainly made for IL-2 Sturmovik and released as part of DBW. Due to the limited phrases available, it is intended more for immersion than for accuracy. I can't claim any credit for the actual recording, but I did some re-editing and re-processing to better bring the files in line with SF2. I've also included a re-processed version of Gramps' Russian Speech Pack available on Combatace.

BE WARNED: If you speak any of these languages you may not enjoy how they fit into the game. For the most part I tried to find phrases that fit the different SF2 files in general meaning, but they are far from perfect, and a few are actually just random.

You may want to turn on subtitles, at least until you get used to the different phrases.

Special note to my fellow New Zealanders: I humbly apologise for lumping us in with the Aussies, but it was the closest I could get ;-)

-----------------------------
      Credits and huge thanks:

Original files provided as part of the awesome Dark Blue World mod from SAS.com for IL-2:

RAF
      NZandAus
      French
      German
      Italy

-------------------------
      Originals from GONVISE for IL2:

Spain

----------------------------
      Originals from Azrael-WT, TIGERLIU, CrazyDog, Northeastern Panda, Liu MM, TIGERLIU, bwhorse, treefanweijia, llb00825, bwhorse for IL2:

China

--------------
      Originals from EECH and first converted by Richard "Gramps" Kaminski:

Russian

----------------

As for the Arabic, I actually can't remember where I got them from, but thanks to whoever made them.

Installation:

Place whichever pack you desire into the Speech sub-folder of your main mod folder

eg: ...username/Saved Games/Thirdwire/StrikeFighters2 Europe/Speech/German

then go to the flight folder and open the NATIONS.ini file to edit whatever nationality you want to use that particular language. Making sure to use the EXACT same spelling as the folder you're pointing to.

eg:

[Nation008]
      Name=WGermany
      DisplayName=German Luftwaffe
      Alignment=FRIENDLY
      PilotNameList=NamesGerman.lst
      RankList=RanksGAF.lst
      CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst
      Formation.Fighter=USFighter
      Formation.Attack=USFighter
      Formation.Bomber=USBomber
      Formation.Transport=USBomber
      Formation.Tank=USTank
      Formation.MobileAD=USAD
      PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL
      GenderRatio=0
      DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
      DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav
      DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
      SpeechFile=German <------edit this line
      SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str
      StartDate=1956

[Nation017]
      Name=EGermany
      DisplayName=East German Air Force
      Alignment=ENEMY
      RankList=RanksUSAF.lst
      Formation.Fighter=SovietFighter
      Formation.Attack=SovietFighter
      Formation.Bomber=SovietBomber
      Formation.Transport=SovietBomber
      Formation.Tank=SovietTank
      Formation.MobileAD=SovietAD
      GenderRatio=0
      SpeechFile=German <------------------and again
      ActiveDate=1959
      AlternateDecal=EGermany_OLD55
      StartDate=1956
      EndDate=1990

It's as easy as that.

You can use different languages for as many different countries as you wish and whenever you fly for that particular country, that is the language you will hear.

This pack is strictly freeware. Use however you want, so long as it's free.

Have fun!

Cheers
      thereg
      Submitter thereg Submitted 11/16/2012 Category In Game Speech  
    • By thereg
      Multinational Speech pack version 1.0 for Strike Fighters 2

SHould work on any type of SF2 installation.

This is a compilation of speech packs brought together by me from original files mainly made for IL-2 Sturmovik and released as part of DBW. Due to the limited phrases available, it is intended more for immersion than for accuracy. I can't claim any credit for the actual recording, but I did some re-editing and re-processing to better bring the files in line with SF2. I've also included a re-processed version of Gramps' Russian Speech Pack available on Combatace.

BE WARNED: If you speak any of these languages you may not enjoy how they fit into the game. For the most part I tried to find phrases that fit the different SF2 files in general meaning, but they are far from perfect, and a few are actually just random.

You may want to turn on subtitles, at least until you get used to the different phrases.

Special note to my fellow New Zealanders: I humbly apologise for lumping us in with the Aussies, but it was the closest I could get ;-)

-----------------------------
      Credits and huge thanks:

Original files provided as part of the awesome Dark Blue World mod from SAS.com for IL-2:

RAF
      NZandAus
      French
      German
      Italy

-------------------------
      Originals from GONVISE for IL2:

Spain

----------------------------
      Originals from Azrael-WT, TIGERLIU, CrazyDog, Northeastern Panda, Liu MM, TIGERLIU, bwhorse, treefanweijia, llb00825, bwhorse for IL2:

China

--------------
      Originals from EECH and first converted by Richard "Gramps" Kaminski:

Russian

----------------

As for the Arabic, I actually can't remember where I got them from, but thanks to whoever made them.

Installation:

Place whichever pack you desire into the Speech sub-folder of your main mod folder

eg: ...username/Saved Games/Thirdwire/StrikeFighters2 Europe/Speech/German

then go to the flight folder and open the NATIONS.ini file to edit whatever nationality you want to use that particular language. Making sure to use the EXACT same spelling as the folder you're pointing to.

eg:

[Nation008]
      Name=WGermany
      DisplayName=German Luftwaffe
      Alignment=FRIENDLY
      RankList=RanksGAF.lst
      Formation.Fighter=USFighter
      Formation.Attack=USFighter
      Formation.Bomber=USBomber
      Formation.Transport=USBomber
      Formation.Tank=USTank
      Formation.MobileAD=USAD
      GenderRatio=0
      SpeechFile=German <------edit this line
      StartDate=1956

[Nation017]
      Name=EGermany
      DisplayName=East German Air Force
      Alignment=ENEMY
      RankList=RanksUSAF.lst
      Formation.Fighter=SovietFighter
      Formation.Attack=SovietFighter
      Formation.Bomber=SovietBomber
      Formation.Transport=SovietBomber
      Formation.Tank=SovietTank
      Formation.MobileAD=SovietAD
      GenderRatio=0
      SpeechFile=German <------------------and again
      ActiveDate=1959
      AlternateDecal=EGermany_OLD55
      StartDate=1956
      EndDate=1990

It's as easy as that.

You can use different languages for as many different countries as you wish and whenever you fly for that particular country, that is the language you will hear.

This pack is strictly freeware. Use however you want, so long as it's free.

Have fun!

Cheers
      thereg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..