I want to replace stock sounds mostly AAA, aircraft guns and missiles. I made some changes with guns and weapons editor. Specifically I changed the stock "Gun Fire Sound Name" in guns editor with an another one with a different name. I made exactly the same thing with weapons editor for missiles. I've ended up with no sound during game for guns and missiles in which I made changes. Afterwards I realized that there are specific sound names that can be used for SF2. In soundlist.ini there is a list with these available sound names:

[soundList]
SoundFile001=Cannon
SoundFile002=TankGun
SoundFile003=Missile
SoundFile004=JetEngine
SoundFile005=JetBurner
SoundFile006=TankEngine
SoundFile007=TankTrack
SoundFile008=DirtHit
SoundFile009=SmallExplosion
SoundFile010=ObjectHit
SoundFile011=Rocket
SoundFile012=IRgrowl
SoundFile013=IRgrowlLock
SoundFile014=Vulcan
SoundFile015=50cal
SoundFile016=PropLoop
SoundFile017=TruckLoop
SoundFile018=Napalm
SoundFile019=Gear
SoundFile020=Airbrakes
SoundFile021=Flaps
SoundFile022=WindLoop
SoundFile023=Breathing
SoundFile024=AAA
SoundFile025=BigExplosion
SoundFile026=TireTouch
SoundFile027=StallSound
SoundFile028=AmbientSound
SoundFile029=Merlin
SoundFile030=ShipEngine
SoundFile031=Underway
SoundFile031=NavalGun

The problem is that in SF2 a specific sound can be used for many objects. For example most large diameter AAAs like Bofors, ZSU-57-2, KS-12 etc use "AAA" sound.
If I rename the sound file I want to "AAA" then the new sound file can be heared in the game. The problem is that I want to use different sound files for some objects. For example
I want to use "57mm" for ZSU-57-2, "20mm_AAA" for 20mm AAAs, "30mm_ammo" for 30mm aircraft guns, "ShortMissile" for short range AAMs. Is there any way to do this? Or only stock available sounds names must be used?

Also after installation of some add ons, I realized that some other sound names like RWRLockSound or RWRTrackSound can be used without problems although they aren't included in soundlisti.ini. So, what is going on here? Can I replace sound files with the ones I prefer ???
Edited by tiopilotos